Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rootbeer brown Heckler that needs some touching up. Called SC and asked where to find touch-up paint and didn't get much info. other than : Tiger Transparent Cooper paint # 49/63130. Googled it and came up with nothing. Anyone have any idea's ? Thanx

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lebikerboy said:
I believe that's Tiger's Copper paint which is a powdercoat...

http://www.tigerdrylac.com/fileadmin/USA/Template/pdf/49_tiger_low_rez.pdf

Take your bike into the nearest auto parts store and find the closest match.
Went to a auto body paint supplier for my last non auto paint. They sell by auto application so they will pull out some books and let you make the choice. They give little input as they don't want liability if it doesn't match.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nativeson said:
Have you tried a hobby store? I've seen tons of different types of paint pens at hobby stores that may do it. Maybe you can try mixing paint to match the color?
I was hoping I could just get the exact color some how / way. I hate trying to color match / mix - I haven't had any luck thus far especially w/ metallic colors.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Try Testors gloss enamel. Model airplane paint from the hobby store/WalMart, etc.

The gloss black and gloss red colors match perfectly. Not sure about the others, but I bet they will be real close....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.