Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the past extended weekend riding trails in charlotte, asheville, brevard and am now working my way south. I plan to do a ride from 6am to 8am in the Newberry, SC area. I heard something about Lynches woods. How is this place? Should I go somewhere else that is within a 20 min drive?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply I am actually just getting ready to head out...

Funny you mention good for single speed because I can't stop thinking about this SS crew that I saw doing some relentless climbs at bent creek... Wow! seeing that set a goal for me.

Update: Finished up the ride around 8:15AM. Overall the trail is fun and flows well. Most of it was covered in pine needles and pine cones, which makes it a bit slipery/loose if you don't watch it. The trails are very tight, which I like, but there seemed to be alot of trees that were downed. Some of them I could clear and others I wound up smashing my big chainring and others I just walked over/around.

If you ride early in the morning you better not be an arachnophobic because you are going to be riding through a ton of webs and be pulling spiders off of yourself and bike.

Pics:
Rootbase from one of the larger downed trees

One of the small creek crossings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.