Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pretty excited seeing the other Ride Soul build thread with those nice build ups, so decided to take pics of my Dillinger build up in progress. I got the frame as a gift from a couple of friends and my girlfriend...they were pretty sneaky about it.

It's a budget build, cutting some corners here and there just to complete the bike sooner than later. I'm still missing the wheelset and crankset. Leaning towards white Halo Freedom disc rims, silver spokes, and still debating on the "budget" hubs (XT or DMR Revolution hubs) for the wheelset build up. Would that be too much white?

Any feedback is always greatly appreciated and hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
For a budget build it is coming along great :thumbsup:

I have run the Halo Freedom wheelset. It is a good set and has some flexibility for upgrades with the QR/20mm front hub. I got mine from Chad at Red Barn for a pretty sweet deal. The entire wheelset was not much more than I would have spent on rims and spokes alone.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AL29er said:
For a budget build it is coming along great :thumbsup:

I have run the Halo Freedom wheelset. It is a good set and has some flexibility for upgrades with the QR/20mm front hub. I got mine from Chad at Red Barn for a pretty sweet deal. The entire wheelset was not much more than I would have spent on rims and spokes alone.

thanks! i'm going to look into Red Barn about the wheelset, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts