Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the trails in the area (GJ/Fruita.) I have ridden a little on top of the Uncomp. (Rim trail) and DH'd 6.4 road and John Brown near Gateway a few years back. I'm interested in locals opinions of trails and the best all around bike for the area. I know we have a wide variety of trail types, and for that reason I am considering an "All Mountain" bike. I currently have a '95 C'dale Super V 3x3, full xtr 8 speed. I'd like to get into bigger travel. I'm considering a used SC Bullit ('03.) Any opinions about the bike or it's general compatibility for the area?

Thanks ahead . . .

·
Registered
296 Posts
:rolleyes:
SPEEDMONKEY said:
Go buy a new Specialized Expedition. They only cost $330.00 and no matter what anyone else on this forum says, it's all you need.
OMG that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Nice thing about the expedition is the little bell on the bar that comes OEM!!!
In fact, I would love to see a pic of some ridin that bike down into horse thiefs!!!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
DaveA said:
a rigid single speed to a big hit will be fine. Just don't try anything else.
Would a unicycle fall in there? I've done Mo Fun, and Mary's on a uni. :D
Got back to the center parking area and my butt was way too kicked to continue, but it was hella fun!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
DaveA said:
Now you're pushing the boundries of who is the most Xtreme. I thought I was bad on my fixed gear cyclocross, but only to be outdone by a uni!
I ride a fixie on dirt as well. Good onya. I been on a uni for over 35 years. Usually not my first choice for long rides. Think 1 to 1 singlies. Not hella fast. I may be a lotta things, but extreme (or as it's called now, epic), aint one of them. I just like to shake it up, and have fun.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Anonymous said:
Would a unicycle fall in there? I've done Mo Fun, and Mary's on a uni. :D
Got back to the center parking area and my butt was way too kicked to continue, but it was hella fun!
If this is not BS, and I have no reason to believe it is, this is incredible.
I received a uni for Xmas and have been pretty consistent practicing. I can ride and mount (1 out of 4) and aspire to ride on trails, but realize that even with consistent work, that is a long, long way away.

Anonymous, next time I'm in GJ area, maybe I'll ask you to teach me something (anything) in the wheel.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I've been riding a uni for 30+ years. I'm not saying I didn't come off, once or ten times, but single track on a uni is a blast. It aint biking. Kinda like sledding vs skiing. Buttloads more work and a lot slower. Keep at it, it gets easier. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.