Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon with the basic RAM kit. It comes with Fox Float Evolution series suspension. On some of the more upscale bikes, I've noticed that they have handlebar mounted CTD adjustment. Is it possible to retrofit this on to my bike? I think it's a feature that I would use quite a bit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Try posting this in the Shocks and Suspension forum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the aluminum Bronson ram kit and about the only time I use the the ctd on my shocks is if I am on pavement otherwise I leave my fork and shock in descend mode. And most times even on pavement I leave it in descend mode unless I am climbing a hill.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? I live in Edmonton and the trails around here are mostly cross country. The riding near my place is in a river valley so it's lots of short, steep downhills, rolling trails with lots of roots then short, steep uphills. I find that I keep the suspension set in trail mode almost all the time. In descend, if I stand up and pedal, it bobs quite a bit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't get much pedal bob from the rear suspension most of my pedal bob comes from the fork. Where i am while it is alot of xc riding the hills tend to be longer climbs so i tend to spend alot of time sitting and spinning.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You could try calling Fox.

Meanwhile, I did a little digging around. It looks like you cannot retrofit the remote to an existing shock, so you're looking at a shock replacement: "Cannot be retrofitted to existing Float shock without replacing the damping dial assemblies."
Fox Racing Shox Float CTD Boost Valve Remote Shock Review - Pinkbike

I find that I switch to trail mode and drop my fork down for long climbs, otherwise I leave both the fork and shock fully open. So I'm not fiddling often enough to desire the remote and handlebar clutter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts