Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BOS shock is really good, super active and just enough adjustability my only criticism is that it’s a little noisy I have a BOS cartridge in my fork it’s a lot firmer than stock but it tracks really well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nick, did you get your sealhead chamfered when you bought your Stoy? As default the shims need a little fettling to make the oil flow smoother and quieter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if I did. If I where to guess I would say no. Is this worth doing and If so how much would it cost?

Nick

·
Registered
471 Posts
NickShepherd said:
I don't know if I did. If I where to guess I would say no. Is this worth doing and If so how much would it cost?
I only know that TFTuned here in the UK (BOS importers) take all the Stoys they sell apart and chamfer the sealhead to make the oil flow smoother, which kills the noise. Whether its worth doing that on a shock you already have depend on if it annoys you I guess. No idea of cost, would depend who did it. Who imports BOS into the US?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my BOS stuff from TFTuned so it must have been bevelled. It's not too noisy it's just different from my old DHX. It’s hard to critique the shock as the V10 is so different to my old bike (an Intense Uzzi VPX), also I’ve only ridden it for 7 days on the bike park. As for the bike, overall it rides really well and it is very stable at hi-speed. The lower bottom bracket is going to take getting used to especially when the suspension is fully compressed.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That is correct...

We heard the same thing, and SC puts an SRS bash on there in their DH kit. Not sure if there are going to be other companies who do the same thing, but I haven't exactly heard of this being a major problem (the ISCG tabs being damaged due to hard hits). Anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s quite interesting on the Santa Cruz website they show the V10 with an LG1. On my last bike I ran a SRS but the thing I really like about the LG1 is something that is rarely mentioned, that it doesn’t get jammed up with mud like the SRS does.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
Word is that running an LG1 on the new V10 voids warrentee.
From the SC site:

While the ISCG mounts have holes in the right places, they are designed to mount a CHAIN GUIDE, and not a BASH GUARD. If you smack your taco guard hard enough, it can break off the ISCG mount. Please bear in mind that ISCG stands for "International Standard, Chain Guide." We'd have designed it differently if we were trying to comply with ISBG (International Standard, Bash Guard), but there's no such thing as that. Specifically, the new E-thirteen LG1(with taco option) and MRP G2 are not recommended, and will void the warranty on your frame.

·
legal alien
117 Posts
Yeah, the issue must be with the taco and it transferring impact to the tabs. I wonder if SC will go with a different tab design on the 09 version as clearly a lot of riders want to run this type of setup. I run the LG1 on my new V10 and think I'll tempt fate and stick with it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet ride -- how did you get your V10? I ordered a V10 from Cambria in January and they still can't give me an estimate on when the bike will arrive! Also they made me pay up front because it was a special order. I didn't mind at the time because they estimated 2-3 months for delivery, and I've never had an issue with Cambria in the past. Now I'm starting to wonder...

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Resident Alien said:
do you mean these?
http://www.e13components.com/product_iscg.html

will they still mount when iscg tabs are present?
yah, no problem - the amount of force required to cinch down a bottom bracket is more then enough to keep that piece in place. My glory has ISCG mounts of some sort, but they're way off, and so really its "it happens to have 3 bolt holes in random places." So I have to run one of those, but their positioning is the same interference you would have with real ISCG. Call e13 and they'll get you sorted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts