Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won the first raffle of my life!!!! and won a brand new, black SB95C... thing is... my ride is a SB66C...

What do you think I should do?

I was planning on keeping both, leaving the SB95c for the ocasional XC race, the longer or less descending XC/trail rides...and the 66 for when feeling snappy on fast, jumpy, technical AM/Enduro rides/races (which is what I normally like to do...) ... we have plenty of both types of riding where I live...

I think that these bikes overlap at some point, being both great at everything, one better than the other at the two tips of the wheelsize charts, but each the best 26er and 29er AM bikes there are... also, I've been perfectly happy doing everything on the 66... it's just plenty of bike for whatever riding you want to do... best bike ever made IMHO!

Now, seeing my friends, some former DH racers, now convinced converted 29ners, I wonder if, despite my fanatic love and loyalty to my 66, I'll end up putting the 66 aside for the 95 at some point... if so, perhaps now is the better time to put the 66 on sale and stay with the 95 alone...

I am so in love with my 66, specially how I have it set-up now, that I don't see this happening... but, what do you think? Should I keep both? I'll appreciate your comments. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A good problem to have. I say sell it and bling your 66c with carbon wheels or something new and money left over for the SB76 when it comes out ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Well, I will say that I really liked the 66C when I tested them , infact I liked it much more than the 75 ( in all fairness the L 75 was too small for me and they did not make an XL at the Time )

I have the 95C and it has really enabled me to cover more ground at a much faster speed that I ever once could , I really love the dam thing ( and mine has a frame set problem and I still can't stop riding that dam thing )

I would spend some time riding your new 95 and get it set up how you like it , I will not go back to small wheels again but maybe you will want to keep both .

I just can't believe how well the 95 works , you will just have to see .

You have a very nice problem to have :incazzato:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your quick replies!!!!

In deed a beautiful problem!! I feel like choosing betwen the girl with bigger boobs or the one with the tighter butt.... but here, they don't care if I sleep with both... So, I'll enjoy both rides for a while...

And if the SB76 or 77 comes out... We'll see. How about that??

Allow me to show off later some pics of both bikes together... It's just sick to see them both hanging in my garage...Its too much ...!!

·
Int'l Sales - PIVOT
778 Posts
If the 66C is your dream bike and you feel like you can do everything on it, sell the 95C in 'new' condition and save that money for something a little later on in the summer...

JP

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
If the 66C is your dream bike and you feel like you can do everything on it, sell the 95C in 'new' condition and save that money for something a little later on in the summer...

JP
Oh snap!

·
Int'l Sales - PIVOT
778 Posts
Haha. I'm just telling him to save up for a family vacation. :)

I sat with our lead engineer, Stretch, for a while yesterday, and he showed me a bunch of stuff he's been working on. Wow. I said it in another thread somewhere, but it bears repeating: if you remember how crazy everyone went when we released the 66 a few years ago, I think you'll see the same type of reaction when his new stuff launches.

I hope you'll forgive me for fanning the flames of the hype machine, but I'm positively giddy about what's on the horizon.

JP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been riding both... still in love with my 66... have to admit that the 95 is a fun bike, feels light and playful...Im impressed with how it turns.... Still need to work on the tire-susp setting, but so far, so good...

John P., since now the 95 is no longer "new" and by summer both bikes will have a "used" value, if you meant what I think (and hope) you meant, don't you think it would be the 66 the one to replace...??

·
Int'l Sales - PIVOT
778 Posts
I'd hold onto the 66 a few months longer than the 95.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd hold onto the 66 a few months longer than the 95.
I was thinking about SB95c in case my LTc does not materialize on time (been really torn between the two), but this gave me pause... Is the SB95 going to be replaced / updated this summer? Hmmm....

·
Registered
161 Posts
oh boy!
Flames are so fanned right now!

I just hope I can transfer most of my components from my 66A to the new bike when it is time to make a new purchase in 2015. (minus wheels perhaps)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I almost have enough saved up to purchase a SB-95c frame to replace my current aluminium.... This has my interest piqued... I may hold on pulling the trigger for a bit longer

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm hoping it's a 29er... what am I going to do with this 140mm 29er Pike otherwise?? I'm too tall for a SB-95 so hoping whatever is new gets the xxl treatment.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Wow. If the 95c is replaced this year that is one short life cycle and I for one would not be happy, not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. I'm just hoping this isn't a case of not being able to please all the people all of the time...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm guessing there be a few models in the pipeline. I would like to see a 140mm 650b that goes straight to carbon. Would fit in the middle of the travel range and have option for 160mm fork.

I am tempted at the moment to pull trigger on SB95 but posts above do not help... What more could they do with 29er except squeeze a bit more travel out of it. Need more clues JP :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts