Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my Knolly carbon Warden with a long travel 29er. I already have an Evil Following v3, so looking for something around 150mm travel to complement. Among my top bike options are the SB150 and the Transition Sentinel v2. The SB150 was introduced mid 2018. Any idea how long Yeti goes before updating / replacing models? The SB150 geo numbers are still spot on and not dated, so hopefully they will keep it another few seasons.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking to replace my Knolly carbon Warden with a long travel 29er. I already have an Evil Following v3, so looking for something around 150mm travel to complement. Among my top bike options are the SB150 and the Transition Sentinel v2. The SB150 was introduced mid 2018. Any idea how long Yeti goes before updating / replacing models? The SB150 geo numbers are still spot on and not dated, so hopefully they will keep it another few seasons.
Yeti updates seem to be every 4 years. I don't see them updating it anytime soon, even if they do, yeti's hold their value like a toyota.The sb150 is a big bike, pedals great, but is not good at techinical climbing. Its incredibly fast and stable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So just curious as to why you say it’s not good at technical climbing? I mean obviously a shorter travel bike or a lighter bike will climb better but the BB height isn’t terribly low, the ST angle is fairly steep, everything else in the category has followed the 150s geometry layout.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The sb150 is an enduro race bike, it’s not meant to be a great trail bike. The ripmo, or switchblade would be much better for that. If you ride bike park, I’d rather have the sb150. I sold my sb150 because It weighed 33 lbs, and wasn’t great or as versatile for desert riding that I hoped for. Moab, Sedona, st George Utah. I’m 5’8” 160 lb, the medium was too much bike. Many people will disagree with me, but if you don’t shuttle or bike park I think there are better bikes in the 150 range. The sb150 is like a 170mm bike in other brands. It’s a monster truck. Demo if u can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts