Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can I upgrade the rear and front travels of the SB140? If yes, what max travels recommended can it go?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hi, can I upgrade the rear and front travels of the SB140? If yes, what max travels recommended can it go?
You can bump the rear to 145mm using the Cascade Component link and change the ride characteristics (for the better) and bump the fork to 170mm

Source: https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/yeti-sb140-link

FYI: If you go coil and use the CaneCreek DB Coil inline with 57mm stroke (210x55 with the plastic stroke limiter removed) in addition with the Cascade link you'll get (145/55)x57=150mm of rear travel

Hope this help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fork

You can bump the rear to 145mm using the Cascade Component link and change the ride characteristics (for the better) and bump the fork to 170mm

Source: https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/yeti-sb140-link

FYI: If you go coil and use the CaneCreek DB Coil inline with 57mm stroke (210x55 with the plastic stroke limiter removed) in addition with the Cascade link you'll get (145/55)x57=150mm of rear travel

Hope this help!
Thanks man for the input! I did check out the cascade component. But what about forks? Trails in my area are very rocky, dry and a little loose, and as an aggresive rider, i am looking to get the Fox 38 with 170mm travel. Though i am a bit confused, there is a 44mm offset with a KA axle and there is also a 37mm offset with TA axle. Which one should I go for?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Thanks man for the input! I did check out the cascade component. But what about forks? Trails in my area are very rocky, dry and a little loose, and as an aggresive rider, i am looking to get the Fox 38 with 170mm travel. Though i am a bit confused, there is a 44mm offset with a KA axle and there is also a 37mm offset with TA axle. Which one should I go for?
No right or wrong here, just preferences, but I'd go with 37mm offset and 2021 floating axle!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No right or wrong here, just preferences, but I'd go with 37mm offset and 2021 floating axle!
My bad. Choices are 44mm offset with QR or the 37mm offset KA.

I am guessing QR means QUICK RELEASE and KA means THRU AXLE.

The wheel set that came are DT SWISS M1700 30MM, and as per their website it is a thru axle. I maybe guessing the 37mm KA should be the one I should go for.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My bad. Choices are 44mm offset with QR or the 37mm offset KA.

I am guessing QR means QUICK RELEASE and KA means THRU AXLE.

The wheel set that came are DT SWISS M1700 30MM, and as per their website it is a thru axle. I maybe guessing the 37mm KA should be the one I should go for.
You want the 37mm Offset fork. KA = Kabolt Axle which you remove with an allen head and QR has the Lever to tighten and release. Both Axles will allow you to take advantage of the floating Axle adjust but the KA is adjusted slightly different from my understanding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts