Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay okay clickbait title - but here is my question. Without fully “Lunch Ride”ing the SB130, how would it handle keeping the fork at 150 and over stroking the shock to 136? Any noticeable difference? I read in an article that because the shock sits deeper in travel it provides a better pedaling platform on the Lunch Ride. Any truth to that?

Given how easy it is to remove the 2.5mm spacer on the dpx2, wondering if there is any benefit to this- or should you really pair that with a 160 fork.... please discuss!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ordered a SB130 yesterday, hope it arrives today, and i am sure i will remove the spacer... but for the first rides i will keep it @130mm.. just to feel the difference ..if there is any for me... ;-)
Will post my experience

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't tell the difference, having removed the spacer on the one i'm riding.

Running a 150mm fork - don't want to run anything longer anyway on a trail bike. I have a bigger, longer travel thing, so want a clear definition between the two :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Consider this. What is 30% of 6mm?

That's how much "deeper into the stroke" a Lunch Ride bike sits at the same 30% sag. Less than 2mm.

You're over thinking this. Do the mod yourself, like a few of us have, and go enjoy your new bike.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.