Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for real world experience and feedback from folks who have swapped out the stock shock on their SB130 for the Float X2.

1) I don’t have any real complaints about the stock shock but I am curious. Why did you decide to make the change?

2) What are the key differences in performance that you have found? Be specific if possible- big hit, small bump, ramp up, trail/riding type.

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am looking for real world experience and feedback from folks who have swapped out the stock shock on their SB130 for the Float X2.

1) I don’t have any real complaints about the stock shock but I am curious. Why did you decide to make the change?

2) What are the key differences in performance that you have found? Be specific if possible- big hit, small bump, ramp up, trail/riding type.

Thanks.
Hey 1rider

I have not been in here for a while.

1/ If your heavier and ride rough trails high speed chatter the X2 was more composed. You can muck around with volume spaces in the DPX2 but it will never be an X2. If yr a more a single track, trail guy the DPX2 is fine.

2/ X2 better big hit, more composed, i found it just as poppy but not as harsh.

The Sb130 found it limits trying to ride enduro type terrain at 90kg +

Only regret i have is i never got to try a progressive spring on the Cane Creek DB inline before i sold the bike. That was probably the sweet spot for me on this bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts