Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Nobl wheels and deciding between the TR32 and TR37. Essentially, the TR37 seems to be the natural choice with a 31mm internal front and a 30mm internal rear. Due to the fact that the DT Swiss 1700 is the stock wheel to go from and a 30mm internal. The TR32 is a 27mm front internal and a 26mm rear internal...

HOWEVER, I have been talking to a great dude that truth be told, I do not know well and wanted to see if there are any additional opinions. Just seeing if there was any reason to consider the TR37 over the 32.

I ride in the Midwest. Ohio specifically. Terrain is mostly rooty and typical single track found around here. We do some climbing, but no major jumping or aggressive down hills to be found. However, I do like jumping and where we do have those nice additions, I will seek them out and hit them when I can.

I was told to go with the TR32 due in large part that the wheelset will make the 115 much more lively. I just want to make sure when pulling the trigger on an almost $2,000 wheelset, I get the right one and have zero regrets. I am not an XC racer and do not care about weight. I want better handling, feel and dependability. Obviously the TR32 set will be lighter in weight, but if they are not enough, I do not want to be out of luck...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it depends to an extent on what tires you want to run. If you don't care about weight and are planning on running the 2.5 DHF, 2.3 Aggressor, I'd go with the TR37. If you plan on running lighter tires in the 2.25-2.35 range and doing some big 50 mile days, the TR32's would likely be a better choice. Anything Maxxis 2.4 - 2.5 is technically designed for 30mm+ internal rims now if that helps.

Your comments about not being an XC racer and caring more about dependability would lead me to suggest the TR37's. You can probably bash a lot more rocks and case a whole bunch more jumps without any issue on those.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the trigger on the TR37s. A few reasons... One, the bike was built with 30mm internal width rims to begin with. I know the TR32s would probably make the bike a tad more livelier in terms of handling, but I believe that when someone builds a bike chassis, they build the whole bike on a platform as a package. It isn't a deal where you build a frame and pull whatever wheels are left in the bin and slap them on. So, I think that since the bikes comes with 30mm internal width rims and teh carbon upgrade offering is the same, the TR37s make more sense.

Plus, I really like teh 2.5 front on the bike and that's the widest end that really would be put on a 27 internal in my mind...

I could be wrong, but that is what I went with. Did the Onyx Vesper hubs and X-Ray spokes with ceramic bearing upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts