Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to see this in the May issue of Outside Magazine and thought I'd share. Not sure how it got in before being announced by Yeti.

Note the DT Swiss XM 490 rims and the obviously carbon fiber frame, not to mention the name on the seat stay. Yup, it's the long awaited SB-95c, a.k.a. my next bike.

sb-95c.jpg

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you read the text they even mention that it is carbon. $7800 26.8 lbs. Looks like a full XTR build kit.
So..where is the weight advantage ??? I got my sb95 below 27 pounds with going light but yet stiff components.....granted I went with a 1x10 setup, but I would have expected it to be in the same range as the tallboy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
So..where is the weight advantage ??? I got my sb95 below 27 pounds with going light but yet stiff components.....granted I went with a 1x10 setup, but I would have expected it to be in the same range as the tallboy.
The Ripley is ~26lbs with a 140 fork, large, matte frame XT build w/o pedals.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The Ripley is ~26lbs with a 140 fork, large, matte frame XT build w/o pedals.
That is where I would have expected the weight of this bike to be....when you spend that much on a frame you want an advantage and 26.8 pounds with an XTR build is nothing to get excited about...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That probably went to print just a few days too early. I Haven't received official anything- colors etc.
Cool though!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Figure a carbon version of anything is going to only be about 500-600 grams or so lighter than an alloy version of the same bike (give or take a couple hundred grams in some cases)

A 26-27 pound 120-140mm trail bike is pretty darn good IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts