Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In four hours(CT) my wife and I will have been NON SMOKERS FOR 1 YEAR (FOR EVER)and real serious MTB people for the rest of our time on Earth.....Love it and Thank YOU all for great comments on the trail while we moved aside to let you pass. I lost 42 pounds after the gain expected...

We want a trip to Moab for our 15 wedding aniversary...

Anyone think the wife can't surive on HT Myka Sport taking it easy? We want a trip to celebrate but don't want to kill a bike that she loves in TX. She gave me a FS for Christmas but I didn't return the favor:madman:

Thanks!

·
Prone To Internet Drama
238 Posts
gatordog said:
In four hours(CT) my wife and I will have been NON SMOKERS FOR 1 YEAR (FOR EVER)and real serious MTB people for the rest of our time on Earth.....Love it and Thank YOU all for great comments on the trail while we moved aside to let you pass. I lost 42 pounds after the gain expected...

We want a trip to Moab for our 15 wedding aniversary...

Anyone think the wife can't surive on HT Myka Sport taking it easy? We want a trip to celebrate but don't want to kill a bike that she loves in TX. She gave me a FS for Christmas but I didn't return the favor:madman:

Thanks!
Way to go :thumbsup: Dont stop!

·
Registered
736 Posts
You done great!! Congrats!! MY opinion only: I know a lot of recovering junkies and waaay too many of them have said the needle was easier to quit than the d$$m cigarrettes!! to me that is a heck of a message as to the addictive nature of nicotine. My wife has been nicotine clean for over 29 years! YES!!

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
Congratulations!

After a couple starts and stops myself, getting back into mountain biking was the thing that finally pushed me over the edge to quit for good. Keep up the good work. Now that some years have passed it seems insane to me that I ever enjoyed that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congratulations!
Now, about that Moab trip:
For your first trip, try the beginner trails, like Klondike bluffs or Bar M. Even Gemini Bridges might work, but I'll tell you right away, a full suspension bike will make the riding far more enjoyable. A hardtail can take the beginner trails, but for more serious riding, full suspension, no question about it. Plenty of Bike shops rent bikes in Moab, I recomend Poison Spider, mostly because they were very cool when I took my then girlfriend (now wife) to Moab to ride for the first time. They set us up with Full suspension bikes and pointed us to the beginner trials. She loved it, and we had a blast. needless to say, we have gone back and ridden our own full suspension bikes there, and she enjoys it very much. Go easy on your first time. Don't try Slickrock right off the bat. Start easy.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
You DON'T need a FS bike to tackle serious trails. I ride everything from a FS Santa Cruz Blur to a rigid Surly SS on serious trails.

Having said that, for long days in the saddle, the FS bike is the one I usally reach for.

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Congrats...wish I didnt smoke and I am probably to old now to be competative - I could turn pro and be earning six figures a year, I got the skills, but asthema and smoking have turned me into a snail...lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who replied... We really want that trip to Moab and I really appreciate everyone who rides. A pleasure to join in the fun with everyone else who chooses THIS addiction call MTB.:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
thats wonderful!! keep it up im on 7 months now and it get easier everyday. mtb'n solved the smoking thing for me,and havent looked back since. keep going and hope the moab thing happens for ya soon. think of the money you saved in a year... you could go on 2 trips easy :thumbsup:

·
Southern Fried mUni
1,126 Posts
Congrats.....isn't is amazing how you don't miss it after a while. I smoked a pack and a half to two packs a day from 15 to 23. Looking back on it now it's the most ignorant money I've ever spent. Upwards of $10 grand on cigarettes and unhealthy living.....jeeesh it still baffles me 12 years later.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.