Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Details are still being worked out, but the grand opening for the trails at Raystown Lake, PA will be the weekend of May 9th-10th. IF you are unfamiliar with Raystown Lake, it is a Army Corps of Engineers Project, just south of Huntingdon, PA. Through a partnership with IMBA, The Alleghenies, and the Friends of Raystown Lake, a brand new 32 mile trail network has been built over the last 18 months. For a ride review, check this out.

A full schedule is still being determined, but there will be camping, group rides, vendor demos, food and beer. There is also a plan for a bike movie festival on May 8th in State College (about an hour north of the trails). More details to be forth coming, but start planning now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also neglected to mention that Saturday night at Raystown there will also be a PA Club Summit. So if you are interested in riding some new trails and see what success other people are having around the state, come on out!

·
The White Jeff W
5,715 Posts
I'm really psyched to ride this place. I was very tempted to roll up there New Years Day but resisted because I knew they weren't officially open yet.

Are there any trail building days coming up or is it done for the winter? I wouldn't mind coming up to help out if my schedule allows.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its exam week at PSU

So the bars should be relatively quiet by the weekend! State College usually empties out by Thursday of that week.
As for a sneak preview, stop by Rothrock Outfitters, they can give the skinny. Again though, the trails are technically closed until the grand opening. All pre-riding has been strictly for quality control. Not a single person had fun, no sir.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, there are several camping areas on the Corps property, but there is also rental housing and even house boats available!
We are still trying to work out the specifics, but there is a planning meeting next week, after which I should have more info.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Won't make the grand opening:madman: have to work for the man that weekend. But will plan on making a trip there the following weekend.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.