Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've just written to Nicolai about this one. Looking to replace my Helius AC 650b with one. It sounds amazing just hope it is. I need a longer, lower, and slacker bike but still need to be able to ride up hills, go round corners and use it all day long. Fingers crossed their reply is favourable

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have written to them 3 times; email, Instagram messages and facebook messenger. No response. I am interested in the to replace at 2018 Rocky Pipeline frame but I guess they don't want my business.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have written to them 3 times; email, Instagram messages and facebook messenger. No response. I am interested in the to replace at 2018 Rocky Pipeline frame but I guess they don't want my business.
Interesting to hear. I've written twice and no response which is really unlike them. I wonder if they are just really busy or the messages are not getting through. I'm gong to wait until next week and try again. Like you really interested in getting one

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Big Kat. Nicolai replied to me yesterday so hopefully you either got a reply or will get one soon. All the best

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm pretty certain my G16 29 climbs better than my Chromag Surface. In fact it likely does everything better than the Surface besides being a hard tail. ;)
The Saturn 14 is a rad looking bike. Would own.
I've just written to Nicolai about this one. Looking to replace my Helius AC 650b with one. It sounds amazing just hope it is. I need a longer, lower, and slacker bike but still need to be able to ride up hills, go round corners and use it all day long. Fingers crossed their reply is favourable

·
rock crusher
257 Posts
Any input on tire clearance on the Saturn 14 rear? only 2.4?? I hope Nicolai is putting out a conservative # here, as I am about to pull the trigger on an xxl. I'd consider the Saturn 11, but they list tire clearance as being limited to 2.2.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The claimed and actual rear wheel clearance match at least in G15 I own. Per tech sheet the rear wheel clearance is 2.5". If I mount 2.5" DHF to rear (25mm id rim), tire rubs seat stays when cornering (I have started to use 2.4" rear tire). Unfortunately I don't have first hand knowledge on Saturn 14.
TBH, I think Nicolais have great modern geometry and technical quality is awesome, however for some odd reason Nicolai has not designed more clearance to rear. Even G1 has 2.5" rear wheel clearance, it should be 2.7" or so, I wish they do something about it before I buy a new bike :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.