Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
feel the Force
546 Posts
2 laps of Hall, middle of the day heat. no pics, hey we all know what Hall looks like anyway.

Oh, by the way, who did the "maintenance" of parts of the rock garden? I can understand preventing erosion, but making some of the little step ups easier? Come on! Everything was totally rideable, and I don't see what was done as preventing erosion.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
mtbjedi1 said:
Oh, by the way, who did the "maintenance" of parts of the rock garden? I can understand preventing erosion, but making some of the little step ups easier? Come on! Everything was totally rideable, and I don't see what was done as preventing erosion.
Boulder County did the maintenance. One rock was placed on the corner below the step to make it more rideable for the masses. As that section eroded and got tougher, folks started to make cheater lines to widen the trail. All of the other sections were redone to either minimize cheater lines or to deal with sections of trail that had bad drainage and chronic standing water and mud. I think they did a pretty good job.

One of the BoCo peeps stopped in the shop a couple of weeks ago - he was concerned that he had made one section a bit too easy and was thinking of going back to rework it. At least they're getting a conscience. :)

·
1,534 Posts
nomit said:
about to head out and attempt switzerland/hall/betasso in an afternoon.

should return with pictures.
well...failed pretty bad at that.
after doing west mag for 6 hours yesterday, apparently my legs were pretty toasted. so after the first significant climb i said "f*** that idea." did a couple switzerland laps (up north side, down single track), down 4 mile canyon, up logan hill road (omg steep...never again), down sugarloaf, two laps of betasso, and got a ride home from a friend because i didn't have much left in the figurative tanks, or food, or water.

i do have some pictures though.

blurry deer

also saw one huge black bear cross 150ft in front of me. unfortunately didn't have time to get my camera out, and fortunately i wasn't riding faster or we'd have crossed paths a lot closer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.