Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When: Saturday, 10/21
Where: Meet under the north ramada (closest to the bathrooms) at the Pima Canyon/48th St entrance
When: FIP @ 9:30AM
Ride: Up Mormon to National, down Holbert, up Geronomo (or the road), down National... or whatever the group decides to do.
Pace: Social, but obviously this is not a beginner ride! Bring armor.
Special Guests: MTBR Evil Patrick and his wife Tracey, both accomplished technical riders, are vacationing in AZ from their hometown of Austin, TX

All are welcome to join for after-ride burritos at Las Taquitos, check out Cactus Bike's new shop next to the burrito joint, and then go hot tubbin at my house....

If anyone has any after-ride/after-grub/after-tub energy left, don't forget the Tour de Fat at Tempe Town Lake on Saturday afternoon!

Kathleen

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evil Patrick said:
YAAA!

We'll be THERE! We'll shoot for an arrival time that guarantees FIP by 9:30.

Durtgurl, I have your cell number and will call if we have any issues (like crappy freeway
traffic)
yaaaaa!!!! I'm glad it's going to work out. I've had a few off-line postive responses to the ride... should be a good group tomorrow. See my PM with my home address. Plug it into mapquest and it'll give you estimated drive time to SoMo since I'm pretty darn close to the trailhead. I assume you know the way? Exit at Elliot and turn left (west). Turn right (north) onto 48th St. Take the 3rd left after the light at Piedmont and the left again into the park. I drive a 99 silver 4Runer with bike and kayak racks on top and will be on my red Turner 5Spot!

Drive safely and see you tomorrow!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SoMo Ride with Austin visitors...

In addition to Evil Patrick and his wife Tracey, AZ Mikey, ScottN, Vato, BrianC, and NoelG also showed up at the relaxed time of 9:30 AM to ride. The Evils are strong technical riders! Durtgurl was a lump of weak goo. My big Holbert dreams ended at Buena Vista (or rather the saddle before BV because I didn't have the energy to ride back up :rolleyes: ). I encouraged all to go on without me but instead they stuck with their weary ride leader and we had a blast heading back down National....

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.