Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
Oh dear.
Last year was a very fun ride, and I think it would be in my best interest to do this ride again this year!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am putting it on my calendar. What's the route plan?

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
poff said:
YES! IN! Dan and Shiloh - you are in too, or Russian mafia is after you....
We're actually planning to head to D'ville and HITG that weekend, but plans can change.
Hopefully it won't be 100 friggin degrees like it is now. High temps = Dan doesn't go.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah, we were planning D'ville but charlie's ride is primo. Would we stop at that food place. The food was really really good, or rather, I was really really hungry.

This ride kicked my butt last year.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The Law said:
Yeah, we were planning D'ville but charlie's ride is primo. Would we stop at that food place. The food was really really good, or rather, I was really really hungry.

This ride kicked my butt last year.
We'll must stop there, fish and chips!

·
Registered
155 Posts
What kind of training is required to do this ride?

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Davidyeti575 said:
What kind of training is required to do this ride?
You should be able to fast for 40 days, walk on hot coals bare foot and go without sleep for 3 weeks before even attempting a ride of this caliber.

Short of that, a road century or two before hand should suffice.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I am in! If for no other reason than just to see how that horse has aged over the past year. The little guy grew up so fast.

Off to walk on hot coals.

·
Registered
155 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
You should be able to fast for 40 days, walk on hot coals bare foot and go without sleep for 3 weeks before even attempting a ride of this caliber.

Short of that, a road century or two before hand should suffice.

Wow.. training starts today. Fasting will have to wait till Sunday. Of to walk on hot coals.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
So, being car-less, is there anyone who is going up to this ride from the south bay or mountain view area who has an extra seat and extra bike rack space in exchange for cash/beer/food/etc?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Charlie,

The spinning wheel is good fun! My head is spinning with it now. :rolleyes: :D
I will be there with a box or two of doughnuts to set your ride for a good start. I won't make the entire 9k, but will ride the Skeggs bit of this ride with you and everyone else. :thumbsup:

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,693 Posts
theseawind said:
Charlie,

The spinning wheel is good fun! My head is spinning with it now. :rolleyes: :D
I will be there with a box or two of doughnuts to set your ride for a good start. I won't make the entire 9k, but will ride the Skeggs bit of this ride with you and everyone else. :thumbsup:
Nonsense! Go nice 'n' easy, hydrate 'n' eat. Keep your electrolytes up. You can do iiiit!

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,693 Posts
(I don't want you to start the downward spiral like I did. :p )

·
Registered
349 Posts
rho,

I plan on going up for the Skeggs portion with Seawind. I'll be coming up from the 85, and could stop off in MV if you need a ride. I'll be long gone before the long ride is done though, so I might not be your best option.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Plim said:
(I don't want you to start the downward spiral like I did. :p )
The only difference is that I have never done any 24hr race which resulted in 20k like you did before the downward spiral spin. :thumbsup:

I was about to ask if you're coming for the ride too? :)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts