Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you are also on the COmtnbikers Yahoo list, but hopefully it's OK that I pass this along:

"Hi all,

There will be a ride starting at Moe's Barbecue at 10:30 am this Saturday. We'll go through Bear Creek Lake Park, Red Rocks Park and back to Moe's through Bear Creek Lake Park. About 20 miles total on bikepaths and quiet roads.

Meet at 10:30 am at Moe's Barbecue. Moe's is reached from the intersection of Kipling Parkway and Morrison Road by driving east on Morrison one block to Lewis Way. Turn left (north) and go to the second driveway past the median. Turn left into the shopette and Moe's is directly ahead of you.

Pump those tires up to 55psi for an easy ride and it's okay to fill the tires with air before you get to Moe's. It's reported that air pumps work just as well at your home as at the ride site.

Meal at Moe's afterward for those who desire. Moe's does have $1.00 PBR beer all day every day.

Dick Plastino"

I won't be riding this time, but was thinking that I'd take my girl out with me to meet some of y'all. Plus I love me some good southern BBQ and cheap beer! :D

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump*

I know it was kind of short notice but was wondering if any of you are planning on being there.

Dick gave me permission to share future events as well, so let me know if you are interested.

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer indeed, PBR me! !

You were actually one of the first ones who popped in my head after reading the email =)
And believe it or not, I'd never had a PBR until last night when I decided I should get some in my fridge to try before out and about.

But worry not my new-found friends, I shall share when I find out when the next one is since you guys seem interested! Hope to meet you all in person soon!

A little OT, but what does T.I.T.S stand for anyway?

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
I am serious. Each week, or so, there is another ride named so the acronym spells TITS...

For once I am not being scarcastic...

Don't let it scare you away though, the riders are generally quite harmless. Well, except for that PBR guy...

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But I'm slow, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I"m running on too little sleep. Is there something the acronym actually stands for?

PBR guy better be nice to me. Or else. Yes, or else he won't get the cold ones I plan to stash in the back of my 4 wheeled ride for after the 2 wheeled ride. Same goes for any other meanies! :D

(maybe I should change my sig line to "Will bike for booze" ? ;) )

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
MTBkitty said:
Is there something the acronym actually stands for?
Actually, yes. I'm pretty sure the acronym originally stood for either "Today is Thursday, Sweet!" or "Thursday is Totally Sweet!" - both were intended to express an over-abundant joy of how rad night-riding on Thursdays can be and often is. As has been said, the meaning is changed every week. PBR_me! spends a lot time huffing fumes (Seriously... he's a self-employed contract painter. No I am not joking.) and jots down the phrases as they ahem "come to him" during the week.

A couple of my faves over the last few seasons has been "Taking It To Sandywash" and "Tryptophan In The Snow", he latter of which turned out to accurately describe a post-Thanksgiving ride.

kchri is correct, we're all pretty darn harmless. There's can be a bit of smack-talking, but it's all in good fun. And as far as I know we've only had one serious injury on a T.I.T.S ride... anyone know how lubes is healin' up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.