Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
my knees hurt
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my house (Ellsworth and Baseline) out through Las Sendas and Usery Pass for two laps....approx 50+milles (can hit the pool at my house afterwards)

OR

twice up to The South Mountain Towers from the parking lot.....

Anyone in?????
 

·
Occidental Tourist
Joined
·
3,563 Posts
hmmmmm. maybe....
i'd like to ride out in yer neck of the woods..
 

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
I'd like too as well. Been wanting to put some mileage on my fairly new road bike but lately my schedule has been lame, or it's just been too hot for me to want to crawl out of bed that early. Okay, I'm done whinin' now...
 

·
Kathleen in AZ
Joined
·
5,178 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
From my house (Ellsworth and Baseline) out through Las Sendas and Usery Pass for two laps....approx 50+milles (can hit the pool at my house afterwards)

OR

twice up to The South Mountain Towers from the parking lot.....

Anyone in?????
I'm thinking that's a bit too much for me. I will probably start at my folk's house in Las Sendas and ride out past Saguero Lake up to the Beeline, turn around and come back Usery to McDowell to Hawes for a nice 40ish mile out-and-back. Maybe I can hook up with your group on your first loop as you go by Las Sendas if you go that route.

Any of you not-as-stong closet roadies are welcome to join me! This is a very beautiful route and if we start at 6AM there is very little boat traffic on the way out.
 

·
Kathleen in AZ
Joined
·
5,178 Posts
cycljunkie said:
I'd be up for this DG. Where do we meet up at?
CJ - I'm doubting that you fall into the "not-as-strong roadie" class that I was referring to! But if you are willing to wait at intervals for me and any other slower riders who I coerce to join us then I'd love to have your company.

SSSycip - sorry to derail your post. Do we want to join forces for a shorter ride than you originally posted? We could start at your house and do the out past Saguero Lake route instead of your proposed double pass loop. We can refill on water at the lake marina.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
I think I've decided to keep the roadie so I may join up as well.
 

·
Kathleen in AZ
Joined
·
5,178 Posts
waltaz said:
The road biking insanity, that is...:skep:

There's always this:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/

I'll be on the mountain bike on Sat...then again, I don't have a road bike...
But I don't wanna ride my bike with roadies who don't understand dirt and won't be sympathetic with my lack of drafting skills. We are road riding to enhance our mtb endurance, so I think that it's entirely appropriate to post here. So there!
 

·
my knees hurt
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DurtGurl said:
CJ - I'm doubting that you fall into the "not-as-strong roadie" class that I was referring to! But if you are willing to wait at intervals for me and any other slower riders who I coerce to join us then I'd love to have your company.

SSSycip - sorry to derail your post. Do we want to join forces for a shorter ride than you originally posted? We could start at your house and do the out past Saguero Lake route instead of your proposed double pass loop. We can refill on water at the lake marina.
Kathleen, I wouldn't mind leaving from my house and heading to Saguaro Lake....we can all leave from my house or I can swing by Las Sendas at @ 6am to meet up with everyone.....from my house I just head up Crismon(less traffic than Ellsworth) to McKellips and then to Ellsworth just Before McDowwell. Usually not alot of traffic on this route....

What's everybody thinking?
Pool and food afterwards if anybody feels like it....
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
DurtGurl said:
But I don't wanna ride my bike with roadies who don't understand dirt and won't be sympathetic with my lack of drafting skills. We are road riding to enhance our mtb endurance, so I think that it's entirely appropriate to post here. So there!
I hear ya...IF I was to ride a road bike, I'd want to ride with mountain bikers and not roadies, except for Mark (singlespeedsycip), who is actually a roadie. You've been warned...
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
waltaz said:
I hear ya...IF I was to ride a road bike, I'd want to ride with mountain bikers and not roadies, except for Mark (singlespeedsycip), who is actually a roadie. You've been warned...
No doubt! Mark is a roadie who joins us on the dirt. He's just too fast.
 

·
my knees hurt
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DurtGurl said:
Now you're talking!! 6AM @ your place on Saturday?
Works for me....anyone who wants to join in pm me for directions....
 

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Well...

DurtGurl said:
CJ - I'm doubting that you fall into the "not-as-strong roadie" class that I was referring to!
I had a few good rides while out in Cali over the 4th but since then I've been FDAH (fat dumb and happy). :eekster: So I think I might just fit in. :thumbsup: Plus I got a new Giro Atmos I need to break in. :D
 

·
Occidental Tourist
Joined
·
3,563 Posts
dude

cycljunkie said:
Plus I got a new Giro Atmos I need to break in. :D
i got one-o-those and a comfort bike.

but if walt shows i'm over my france hater limit.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
cycljunkie said:
I had a few good rides while out in Cali over the 4th but since then I've been FDAH (fat dumb and happy). :eekster: So I think I might just fit in. :thumbsup: Plus I got a new Giro Atmos I need to break in. :D
While you've been FDAH, I've been FDAS. Just give me the directions and I'll catch up at the rest stops. I'm really slow right now. :madman:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Anyone want to carpool Saturday? I will be heading down from FLW / 101 in Scottsdale.

This has nothing to do with conserving. I just want to get 'tanked' during the pool party and have you drive me home. Otherwise I will just streak home.

( JK )
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top