Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to be raining off and on Saturday morning. Nothing we can do about it… except for showing up with our wet weather gear and smiling faces at the Kennedy trailhead (Kennedy Road @ Top Of The Hill Road, Los Gatos, CA). Time? I’m thinking around 10:00AM to fit people’s schedules in, however, if you need to come out sooner, perhaps you can get your balls-to-the-wall sub-20 run up to the tree before everyone else shows up.

Likely to show up:

• me
• Ancient Rascal
• Nelson34
• modbog
• mboldt
• LGman
• Brazilian Climber

Please respond such that we can know who to expect to join us. Squashy will probably be out at Demo doing trailwork, but we’d love to have him come along for our boring-ass fireroad climb party.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Holy crap man ... no rain gear here but we see in the morning. LG man may be in also. B. climber prolly not but I shoot him the thread now. Sunday would be sooooooooo much better of course. You prolly got the last sub 20 for a bit once that trail gets slow and wet.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Shitchya, I am in.... if I can make it. My wife is leaving me solo all weekend (can I get a **** yeah!?) but not sure when they leave...probably after 10 unfortunately. Would like to ride Sunday though so if there is a redo, lemme know...Sunday I am free all day! (Dirt too muddy to work with up at Demo after these rains)

Here's a little rain song to get you guys FIRED UP!

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I guess this means Bogdan is in. :rolleyes: For those who don’t know him, he is actually a pretty down to earth guy, and fun to ride with… just periodically makes questionable posts with 1980s videos that induce bile production.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shitchya, I am in.... if I can make it. My wife is leaving me solo all weekend (can I get a **** yeah!?) but not sure when they leave...probably after 10 unfortunately. Would like to ride Sunday though so if there is a redo, lemme know...Sunday I am free all day! (Dirt too muddy to work with up at Demo after these rains)

Here's a little rain song to get you guys FIRED UP!

It’s only what – a 20 minute sprint from your place to the Kennedy @ Top Of The Hill trailhead??? If you’d like we can wait up for you.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
It's just that I can't leave on a ride until they leave which is looking more like 1pm. I might try to swing it though.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that code? i was mostly kidding about the raining men thing...
“Code” for “unless you wanna end up like a drowned rat, it is highly advisable to bring along a rain jacket for maximum enjoyment of this ride.” :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Fun ride today!

Great to see everyone and a good time was had by all! :cornut: Yes that is me bringing joy to LP's face ... doing my walk of old guy shame up the second bastid brothers hill.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, that didn't play out the way I expected! Around 2pm, the weather cleared up a little and I said, heck yeah, it's on. It was even a little warm so geared up light but wore a shell and arm warmers. Journeyed up El Sereno. All was good till I hit the trees...drizzle. No worries. Gate...light rain. No worries. About half way up the dirt I entered the cloud. Rain. Got up near the top...ligit rain and cold as heck (sorry about my ****ing language). Coming down in a down pour with numb fingers and toes, drenched to the bone. Great goddamn ride. Time to play some video games.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts