Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Saturday Morning (7/15) Rockvill Ride

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  LJ0913 
#1 ·
I'll be heading out to do a rockville run Saturday morning.

The usual 10 miles or so - but as you know, it's technical and a ton o fun.

I hope to beat the heat and be back by noon or so.

Will be leaving from Walnut Creek around 7:30.

Lemme know if yer down... dan'ger, ebrider, larry, etc....

#2 ·
imridingmybike said:

So, you're sure you wouldn't rather come down to Garin park and help us out with some trailwork down there instead? That's where I'll be. We're terribly short handed.

Or maybe you'd rather go to the Fairfax hoo-ha or the Cougar Mtn hoo-ha or the Downieville hoo-ha?

Damn there are just too many things going on on Saturday...

#3 ·
Dan'ger said:
So, you're sure you wouldn't rather come down to Garin park and help us out with some trailwork down there instead? That's where I'll be. We're terribly short handed.

Or maybe you'd rather go to the Fairfax hoo-ha or the Cougar Mtn hoo-ha or the Downieville hoo-ha?

Damn there are just too many things going on on Saturday...
Not likely.

Carrie has a race this weekend in Napa and she wants to root around Napa Sat afternoon to check stuff out.

I'll barely be able to get out of the house for the Rockville run.:madman:

#4 ·
imridingmybike said:

Damn! I have another ride planned but I have to be in Green Valley Saturday late afternoon anyway. I *might* be in. 7:30 would work I have to take wifey to the Oakland Airport at 6:00 am Sat and I should just be there right around the start time. Do I flake on the other ride and do this since I have to be in GV anyway, or stick to the Marin ride Looks like I've got myself a conundrum fo'sure!

I'll let you know in a few days.

#8 ·
imridingmybike said:

in! what's the start time 8:30ish?

#10 ·
LJ0913 said:
in! what's the start time 8:30ish?
Cool, dude!
Looks like you and Melt are Fo Sho and JPS a Maybe?

8:30 start time. Carrie will absolutely crush my nueticles with a rolling pin if I am back later than noon. I figure start at 8:30 - and ride till 11 or 11:30? That should give us plenty of time to do all the fun stuff, practise the technical stuff and take pictures of the local indigent populace.

Whadya say?

#11 ·
imridingmybike said:
Cool, dude!
Looks like you and Melt are Fo Sho and JPS a Maybe?

8:30 start time. Carrie will absolutely crush my nueticles with a rolling pin if I am back later than noon. I figure start at 8:30 - and ride till 11 or 11:30? That should give us plenty of time to do all the fun stuff, practise the technical stuff and take pictures of the local indigent populace.

Whadya say?
Can I get an Amen? Sounds like a plan. Since I have to get up at the god awful hour of 5:00 am Saturday to take wifey to the airport I'll head to "The Valley Cafe" in Rockville for a nice stack of flapjacks in case anyone wants to join me. I should be there around 7:15 or so.

#12 ·
Mmm this sounds intriguing. An 8am start sounds early enough to beat most of the heat and allow me to get there on time from San Jose without getting up at too ridiculous of a hour.

I was contemplating racing at the CM classic, but since I've had zero practice I may just go and spectate after this ride which is sort of on the way.

Anyway, I'll be on a Turner 5spot and try to meet the group ~815am at the parking lot

#15 ·
also bailing ... 2am just got home from work i was rafting down the american in sac all day yesterday and i been having these night shifts and school from 8a - 2p all week so i needa sleep ... prob go ride skyline saturday afternoon before work sat night depending on when i wake up

i remember when i was just working and no school and i was out mtn biking 3 - 4 days a week ... damn i miss those days. Seems like i been down to 1 day per week all summer (me and a buddy ran annadel last friday though it was awesome, finally starting to build up some dust so south burma isnt quite as rocky and has some flow on the decent)

#16 ·
LJ0913 said:
Can I get an Amen? Sounds like a plan. Since I have to get up at the god awful hour of 5:00 am Saturday to take wifey to the airport I'll head to "The Valley Cafe" in Rockville for a nice stack of flapjacks in case anyone wants to join me. I should be there around 7:15 or so.
Larry,

Great ride!

I got back by noon, and neuticles are intact!

Send me pics when you can.

:thumbsup:

#17 ·
imridingmybike said:
Larry,

Great ride!

I got back by noon, and neuticles are intact!

Send me pics when you can.

:thumbsup:
Glad to hear everything is still attached! Hope Carrie did well today! (and Steve too) Such a fun ride. I always forget how fun Rockville is. I am ready to go back!

iamridingmybike, you've got mail!

Here's some pics.

#18 ·
LJ0913 said:
Glad to hear everything is still attached! Hope Carrie did well today! (and Steve too) Such a fun ride. I always forget how fun Rockville is. I am ready to go back!

iamridingmybike, you've got mail!

Here's some pics.

Larry - no email yet.

imridingmybike (at) yahoo

Hook a brother up, yo!

#19 ·
imridingmybike said:
Larry - no email yet.

imridingmybike (at) yahoo

Hook a brother up, yo!
Yo dawg - they are too big to email. I'll toss them on my FTP site tonight when I get home and email you the info. I think they are around 68 megs.

(The movie turned out pretty cool on the big screen I'll add that as well.)

Hope D'ville treated you nicely.

Peace!

#20 ·
LJ0913 said:
Yo dawg - they are too big to email. I'll toss them on my FTP site tonight when I get home and email you the info. I think they are around 68 megs.

Peace!
Downieville rocked!

I'm beat down but it was a good day. Lemme know on the FTP deal.

Are we on for wednesday after work?

#21 ·
LJ0913 said:

Peace!
Check out pando.com for an easy way to email files up to 1GB. It requires users to download a small application, but it appears to be spyware free.

#22 ·
EBrider said:
Check out pando.com for an easy way to email files up to 1GB. It requires users to download a small application, but it appears to be spyware free.
Steve - thanks for the info. I was worried they didn't have MAC support, but it works great.

C-I'll use pando to send you the files tonight.

As for tomorrow I don't think I am going to make it. One of my employees gave his notice yesterday. In an office of 8, I'll have another task to tackle until I can find his replacement.

Next week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.