Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, you saw that right, first trail work day of 2008, Sat, Jan 5, 8 am to Noon. We are going to do hand finish of the machine cut bench. There are 2 cones marking the section needing finish work. It is rakes and McLeods (mainly) to polish the last 1,500 feet or so. A big turnout of workers could have this all finished up. This is easier and rewarding work, so it'll go fast.

Post here if you've got q's. Get the word out, more folks need to see the trail project. We can do the finish work, then ride or run the trail out and back. Good fun. Black Hills of South Dakota, by the way.

·
Pro Lurker
79 Posts
Im in! :thumbsup: Im bummed about missing the ride today so I will probably bring my bike for afterward!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah we will be riding to the end and back again. I will at least. Bring a bike and ride along to celebrate the section of trail we have done.

·
Pro Lurker
79 Posts
I definatly will. I got some new pads for Christmas I want to try out! See you guys on Saturday!

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good working weather ahead, a bit warm, but it should be a fine day to do some finish work. We'll have tools out there.

DON'T block the gate! when you park in the lot.

Bring your bike or running/walking shoes if you want to check out the 2 miles done so far.

·
Pro Lurker
79 Posts
Are we parking at the gate or up where we did last time?

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Park At The Gate. Do Not Drive Up The Road. The Truck Will Be Up The Road With Tools. Just Walk Up The Trail Or Road To The Worksite.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another successful trail day on Sat. I saw all of the regulars and new faces. I think we have completed all the finish work behind the machine cut, which was the goal. Thanks to all that make time and come out to swing the tools. Bring out the bike and ride the trail, its very rewarding.

·
Registered
229 Posts
THANK YOU for all your hard work, along with everyone else. A SIGNIFICANT amount of work has been lifted from the shoulders of a few, that is going to result in more trails being planned and constructed (hopefully by contracted work). I am very proud of EVERYONE who has, and will be helping out in the near future.
thank you
dg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts