Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carry over from the ever growing discussion of the Impy Tribute Ride.

Seems like we're doing this on Saturday December 4. How many North Bay peeps do we have to worry about waking up early? Should we make the ride 9 or 10 am start?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=60820

·
Registered
475 Posts
I will drive

Dan'ger said:
Carry over from the ever growing discussion of the Impy Tribute Ride.

Seems like we're doing this on Saturday December 4. How many North Bay peeps do we have to worry about waking up early? Should we make the ride 9 or 10 am start?

for those who want to go from NorthBay. I have a Suburban that can haul people and wheels. I don;t mind leaving at 7 for a 9am start time. I need to be back about 4-5 in the evening for a family deal. Any NorthBay(Santa Rosa area) riders should sing out or PM me and we'll get it figured out. How long do we think the ride will be?

Is it Friday yet? :p

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grover said:
for those who want to go from NorthBay. I have a Suburban that can haul people and wheels. I don;t mind leaving at 7 for a 9am start time. I need to be back about 4-5 in the evening for a family deal. Any NorthBay(Santa Rosa area) riders should sing out or PM me and we'll get it figured out. How long do we think the ride will be?

Is it Friday yet? :p
OK, let's shoot for a 9am start at the Gilroy "Hunting Hollow" entrance.

Hope to see more positive replies soon!

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jrm said:
Carpool options to follow?
Absolutely!

Anybody desiring to join a carpool from East Bay locations should post what locale they're in so we can figure that out. JRM and I as well as others have SUVs and mini-vans and we're pretty spread out.

Grover has offered to drive a carpool from Santa Rosa as he also has a big SUV.

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Well, since that day is our annual public relations event of the Modesto X-mas parade (besides the fact that I'm really out of shape now) Coe is not on my list of things I"m able to do.

But of the dozens of times I've been there, I have to wonder why you're not going in via the main entrance and doing the really sweet Middle Ridge and then add what ever miles you want to add?

george

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Jorge..

george_da_trog said:
Well, since that day is our annual public relations event of the Modesto X-mas parade (besides the fact that I'm really out of shape now) Coe is not on my list of things I"m able to do.

But of the dozens of times I've been there, I have to wonder why you're not going in via the main entrance and doing the really sweet Middle Ridge and then add what ever miles you want to add?

george
I know some are counting on being out in hodesto for the parade. Middle Ridge is a good call. So when are you EVER going to get back in shape?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EBrider said:
Back on Friday, so I might wait to commit until i see what's waiting for me.

Sounds like fun, consider me a definite maybe.
OK, I'll pencil you in with a #2 easily erasable lead. Let me know if you're up to it and want to carpool Friday evening sometime.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Moving Target?

Dan'ger said:
OK, I'll pencil you in with a #2 easily erasable lead. Let me know if you're up to it and want to carpool Friday evening sometime.
You gotta make up yo mind where we are going to launch from :eek:
So far no takers on the Santa Rosa area carpool contingent. If that's the case I'm bringing the car. What's this about leaving Friday night? We camping and getting drunk around a fire the night BEFORE the ride?! That has possibilities :confused: :confused:
I'll just sleep in the Suburban :D I'm in!
When do we leave on Friday?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
grover said:
You gotta make up yo mind where we are going to launch from :eek:
So far no takers on the Santa Rosa area carpool contingent. If that's the case I'm bringing the car. What's this about leaving Friday night? We camping and getting drunk around a fire the night BEFORE the ride?! That has possibilities :confused: :confused:
I'll just sleep in the Suburban :D I'm in!
When do we leave on Friday?
I've done that before, but no, not planning on a friday night of camping. Lets wait for some warmer weather for that.

Friday night was when I wanted EBrider to call me if he wanted to carpool on Saturday morning. Additionally, if you wanted to drive to my house in Pleasant Hill (right off 680) I would be willing to ferry you down to Gilroy.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm in. I might bring a couple of friends (if we're slow as a group, we can split off), so not looking for a carpool yet. I'm leaving from SF in case these plans don't work out.

-Dave

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh, alright

Dan'ger said:
I've done that before, but no, not planning on a friday night of camping. Lets wait for some warmer weather for that.

Friday night was when I wanted EBrider to call me if he wanted to carpool on Saturday morning. Additionally, if you wanted to drive to my house in Pleasant Hill (right off 680) I would be willing to ferry you down to Gilroy.
Boy, and I thought I was going to be able to get in some trouble for a change :p
You have a link to any Coe maps?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Allow 3 hrs

I don;t mind leaving at 7 for a 9am start time.

My wife commutes to Milpitas every Wed. from Graton and it takes her about 2.5 hrs to get there, and that's leaving at 5 am. Coe is further down 101S so give yourself more time than you need, traffic is bad on 101S toward Gilroy right at hwy 85 junction.

Just a heads up, Coe is a great place to ride so don't missit! :)

Maniac

·
Registered
323 Posts
Morgan Hill

grover said:
If we ride Middle Range, where is the launch point?
Warning: if you do Middle Ridge, you start at over 2,000 feet and you will have to climb approx 3,000 feet at the END of the ride. This ride can be done in 3.5 hours, but can EASILY stretch to 5.5 hours due to fatigue or other problems.

Middle Ridge is definitely a fabulous ride, but so are the rides starting from hunting hollow. The advantage of HH is that if you find yourself at the point of exhaustion, you can just turn around and pretty much coast back to your car. However, if you start from the headquarters, you could find yourself walkin the last 3 - 5 miles. This park is much more demanding than anything else in the Bay Area, you gotta feel it to believe it.

Having said that, I'd be glad to do middle ridge if that's the vote -- it's a blast!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Howdy Neighbor!

Maniac said:
I don;t mind leaving at 7 for a 9am start time.

My wife commutes to Milpitas every Wed. from Graton and it takes her about 2.5 hrs to get there, and that's leaving at 5 am. Coe is further down 101S so give yourself more time than you need, traffic is bad on 101S toward Gilroy right at hwy 85 junction.

Just a heads up, Coe is a great place to ride so don't missit! :)

Maniac
What a small world, I live in Forestville :p I'm figuring that on a Saturday morning it shouldn't be too bad, but thanks for the heads up. Where have you been riding locally lately other than Annadel? Do you know of anything out towards Occidental, etc?
PM me if it is hush hush and I won't tell anybody :eek:
BTW, you going on Sat? I may carpool if you want to hook up.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.