Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chilling out
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, it was a ride of remembrance, a ride of stretching boundaries, of ride of exploration.

Thanks to my "crew" for the day, you were all very appreciated. Even those I didn't get to spend much time on trail with (I'm thinking of the Danville Dogs here - next time maybe I can stay with you guys).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bears

I've seen them during the ski season run up the trees. It seems they are still fearful of humans, being no one has been attacked, which is a relatively good thing.

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
Windy Day At Diablo

Great pix dude. I had a great time. It was great to see old friends and make some brand new ones. I've seen the bears every time I've been there so far. I didn't get a whole lot of pix or vids because we had just started making camera runs when they shut the lift down. Here's a few though:

100_2229.jpg

100_2234.jpg

100_2237.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2243.jpg

100_2248.jpg

100_2249.jpg

100_2250.jpg

100_2259.jpg

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Few more @ Diablo. Sorry my cameras timing was bad all day.

Attachments

·
The Krazy Never Die
198 Posts
Is that Joe? I stopped in a Earls in lewisburg for a chain and headset bearing yesturday to work on my buddies bike and the guy at the lewisburg store said joe and them were supposed to be going out

·
Chilling out
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great stuff Naker!

I'm going to be heading out there again before I know it. Too many more trails to go scope and see.

And for the record, I'm wiped out. I went out for a little 15 mile ride today at Prompton Lake and I'm D.O.N.E. done. About half-way through some of the crouch-and-handle-bump muscles from yesterday gave notice and "walked out" - took me FOREVER to finish.

gotta do that again, DH day followed by XC day

·
The Krazy Never Die
198 Posts
yeah i wish i had the big bike i would have gone with ... But im planning in a few weeks to be paying off and picking up the big bike. SO dont let me down keep me informed when you guys are going again !!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yes....

....great pics and vids....man those bears!...the music selection was classic for the vid too! Thanks for posting. Ride On!

·
Did you ever have ham?
1,650 Posts
Diablo

Amazing pics, vids, and stories! Looks like you all had more fun than should be allowed by law...lol! Glad you all had fun and made it home safely!

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
bear said:
Great stuff Naker!

I'm going to be heading out there again before I know it. Too many more trails to go scope and see.

And for the record, I'm wiped out. I went out for a little 15 mile ride today at Prompton Lake and I'm D.O.N.E. done. About half-way through some of the crouch-and-handle-bump muscles from yesterday gave notice and "walked out" - took me FOREVER to finish.

gotta do that again, DH day followed by XC day
Yea not surprised you're wiped out. Me too. People think that because you're riding a lift all day it's not a good workout but that's just not the case. I get more of a workout downhilling than on some xc rides. On top of that Diablo is also mentally draining. The adrenaline, nervousness and - let's face it - flat out fear combine with the physical workout to make an all new kind of exhaustion. Highly recommended.

·
wounded knee
1,369 Posts
WOW!
Awesome pics and video, they are some HUGE drops, hearts must have been pumping adrenaline all day!
Bear-that vid of the rider doing the bowl turn with the Bears right off the trail is amazing!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts