Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone up for some lifting in New Mexico this weekend? I'm headed down Friday afternoon, camping along the highway (where we camped for GITA), riding Saturday and camping Saturday night. For anyone not interested in camping, I'll be in the lift line at 9:45 waiting for the first chair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
Not sure

kristian said:
Is anyone up for some lifting in New Mexico this weekend? I'm headed down Friday afternoon, camping along the highway (where we camped for GITA), riding Saturday and camping Saturday night. For anyone not interested in camping, I'll be in the lift line at 9:45 waiting for the first chair.
I may be doing Boundary Saturday instead. I wasn't sure if you guys were still coming down. That's also my excuse for not posting on the NM board yet.

Who all is riding with you?
 

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know

AndyN said:
Who all is riding with you?

At this point (since no one else has posted interest) it looks like it will be me and a non-posting friend. I have a strict "no riding Angelfire by yourself" rule handed down by Jaenette so I might not even be coming down if no one shows.
 

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday

Dr.Faustus said:
When were you thinking of heading back?

Dr.F
We're going to head back at some point on Sunday but Jaenette and I are going to hang out in Taos together rather than ride...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
I wish I could go. If I didnt have school and could drive and stuff I'd be all for it. Angelfire is a beautiful place with some of the most technical resort riding i've done as far as rock gardens and tight sections go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
It's the same Hesay!

I don't remember the mexamerican name the roofers had for you. =)

i'm still in davis. messed with some youngin' at the bar and now i'm back at the hotel. This job could get dangerous.

I'll be home tomorrow late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
If you're going to be in Taos, and you have a digital camera, do me a favor.

Go to the MacDonald's in Taos, and to the seating area by the bathrooms, look on the right-hand wall and take a picture of the 'dancing sausage' for me. Oh man, what a priceless picture.

Then, if you could please send it to me or something, i'd be eternally greatful.
 

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pipedream said:
If you're going to be in Taos, and you have a digital camera, do me a favor.

Go to the MacDonald's in Taos, and to the seating area by the bathrooms, look on the right-hand wall and take a picture of the 'dancing sausage' for me. Oh man, what a priceless picture.

Then, if you could please send it to me or something, i'd be eternally greatful.
It's on the main road south of the town square right? I'll do what I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
kristian said:
It's on the main road south of the town square right? I'll do what I can.
I think so... it's hard to miss, with its MacDonald's sign and everything. It was just so unexpected, I'm sitting there with a group of friends, drinking some coffee, and as I look down the wall you see what appear to be Native American sculptures. So there's some bird playing its beak, and a bull dancing around, then its just like, whoa! dancing sausage. I about spewed my coffee all over the person across the table. Then came the "What?" and just a pointed finger.
 

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
Joined
·
8,847 Posts
hey K: my steamboat trip didn't work, so i am free for the weekend (actually have every day to ride up to and including thursday, but am no able to do any road tripping-jenny's dad is in the hosp.-long story)

if angelfire doesn't work for ya, let me know. i'd be into coming down your way for a park day/other ride if you're still around.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top