Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Anthem lost a total of 1.25 kg's and now weigh 11.7 kg's. I am satisfied for now but guess it wont be to long before the whole process starts all over again.
Upgraded the following :
Wheelset - from Rigida Taurus to American Classic
H/Bar - from Syntace Vector to Ritchey Pro Carbon Low rize
Stem - from Mission ( Merida ) to FSA OS 150
Grips - from GT bolton to foam grips
Pedals - from Shimano 520 to Eggbeater SL
Tires - from Maxxis Crossmark to Bontrager Revolt Super X
Also replaced the X-0 R/D wheels with KCNC wheels and removed barends.
Now I suppose it is my turn to lose some more weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
That saddle position looks very uncomfortable, but if you like it......

Looks like an old X0 RD.

Also, that paint scheme looks startlingly similar to my 07 XTC 2.

Don't become too obsessed with the weight that you start sacrificing comfort. EG make sure you get comfortable foam grips, not light grips for the sake of light grips. You spend hours holding them, so might as well enjoy them.

Next'd be brakes I assume.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bobbyOCR said:
That saddle position looks very uncomfortable, but if you like it......

Looks like an old X0 RD.

Also, that paint scheme looks startlingly similar to my 07 XTC 2.

Don't become too obsessed with the weight that you start sacrificing comfort. EG make sure you get comfortable foam grips, not light grips for the sake of light grips. You spend hours holding them, so might as well enjoy them.

Next'd be brakes I assume.
Thanx for suggestions, seat position does look ackward, will have to look into it. The XO is the old one, new one just too expensive. The frame is indeed the 2007 model as we have the same colour Xtc in the shop.
The brakes will have to stay for now, the wife started threatening me with all kinds of nasty things , so for now I'm finished. Cheers

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks like a nice solid build for all around riding without making sacrifices. Just wondering what you weigh and how your wheels are holding up for you? Those AM classic wheels seem to offer about the best weight per dollar value around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cranked said:
Looks like a nice solid build for all around riding without making sacrifices. Just wondering what you weigh and how your wheels are holding up for you? Those AM classic wheels seem to offer about the best weight per dollar value around.
Current weight is 103 kg, lost 11 since December 2007. The American Classics imo is the best upgrade I could have done, stronger than expected them to be. No loose spokes or rims going out of shape after +- 300 miles on them, I ride them just as hard as my previous set and they havent let me down and because of my weight I pressumed they would need constant trueing. Not so, highly recommended

1 - 6 of 6 Posts