Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/1912160

Got started with the with saying, "It's not a race Paul" :D I hadn't been up that way in a couple of years...and now I remember why. I had to get of the bike twice, the GPS said there was a 20% grade at times. Hats off to Paul, he didn't put a foot down on the ground at all, animal! It actually was a nice change, it's a more ridden trail than I remember. It got really cold out at the tank overlook and all the way back down, bbbbrrrrr.

Make sure you go to the right of the page and hit "player", then change the maps around, cool stuff. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
keepin' it rural
488 Posts
is that the dead horse loop?

still getting familiar with that area, been looking for the other leg of that loop, i always start at the first parking lot and take badger pass down the switchbacks and pick up dead horse, but when i get to the lookout i can't find where the other leg of the loop starts. from the looks of the satellite map its down at the end of the gravel road. is that right?

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
summud said:
still getting familiar with that area, been looking for the other leg of that loop, i always start at the first parking lot and take badger pass down the switchbacks and pick up dead horse, but when i get to the lookout i can't find where the other leg of the loop starts. from the looks of the satellite map its down at the end of the gravel road. is that right?
yep. Turn right and head down the gravel road instead of up to the overlook. Cross the main dirt road and pick up the other leg that climbs back up to the top of Satan's escalator.

Cool image beagledadi. Fun ride.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OOHHH yeah

I spent 8 years in Prescott teaching/playing tennis. We started cross training with mountain biking and that's where I got the cycling bug. Are you familiar with AZ? I love AZ, I call it home even though I grew up in SoCal. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.