Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be out there this sat. the 23rd running shuttles.

I will be @ SG round 7:30a.m. with the van and cactus trailer. Running till your arms fall off or I get a call from my wife in labor or she's hungry:eekster: :D

Trails should be banging, we all know what its like after a few good rain falls here in the desert :cool: , lets just hope there not all washed out..like some will be..

You know you want some......:thumbsup:

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Weren't you waiting for the storck to come two weekends ago?

I am in for Saturday if the weather aint a PITA. Should have the new bike ready to go.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NMPhi767 said:
Weren't you waiting for the storck to come two weekends ago?

I am in for Saturday if the weather aint a PITA. Should have the new bike ready to go.
yea, we are at the 39th week, so anything at anytime could happen. Spent half the day yesterday at the doc's office, but no babby yet.... I'm thinking a lill late myself..thats my boy:D

Weather holds out then I will be out there for sure...spred the work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Sorry to spoil the fun, but the road to the top will be closed this Saturday from 5AM to 1PM:

http://www.phoenix.gov/parks/trailtrk.html
Oops forgot about that.

thumbs down.

Man, motorized and non-motorized, so you can't even ride up the road during that time.
But I guess you wouldn't want to if its going to be filled with hikers...

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
So where are people riding this weekend then? Hopefully someone will figure out a place to let me try out the new ride.

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
NMPhi767...i'm thinkin about hitting up some hawes action early sat. morning. if we get enough peeps we can shuttle...I know what you all are thinking "shuttle hawes? wtf". But its a ripping good time and should be extra killer with this moisture:) Just enough gnar to keep you honest and super smooth sections for warp speed. fun on a big, medium, or little bike. I just got mine finished too!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm from Grand Junction, CO and visiting a friend in Phoenix (Surprise). I brought the bikes down (XC and DH) and am Looking for some shuttles. I was hoping to shuttle off south mountain but it looks like that isn't gonna happen with them closing the road. Where is Hawes? I'm in dire need of some gravity time since colorado is all socked in with snow!

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
pck108 we met you guys this morning at the top of Natty. PM me your number and we might be able to make saturday morning at hawes work. i'll let you know it's not super gnar and all DH but it's still fun. 98% DH o.k. maybe 97%:) But lots of lines. Do a search on here. I think there's a map someplace. Plus the NRA pit is nearby for some jumping fun. To bad you missed the wed. shuttles...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh snap.....FAIL......:madman:

Sixty..you read my mind, I was thinking hike up Geronimo with some tools do a lill work hike up do a lill work.................then bomb back down and start up shuttles @ 1pm and pop off a few runns:thumbsup:

So anyone down fer an epic day of giving back to the trails, eating some lunch, then doing some shuttles???....weather permitting and all of course:cool:

so hit me up @623-889-4190, er post up on some thoughts on what to do....

I got fun guys:D

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
SmokenspokesSteve-o said:
Oh snap.....FAIL......:madman:

Sixty..you read my mind, I was thinking hike up Geronimo with some tools do a lill work hike up do a lill work.................then bomb back down and start up shuttles @ 1pm and pop off a few runns:thumbsup:

So anyone down fer an epic day of giving back to the trails, eating some lunch, then doing some shuttles???....weather permitting and all of course:cool:

so hit me up @623-889-4190, er post up on some thoughts on what to do....

I got fun guys:D
So the road opens back up at 1?

G

·
latedropbob said:
no way!!! big bikes like big dogs always have the right of way...watch out or you'll get bit!
I'm not skeered, I'll be on a rental bike and have nothing to worry about! I'll probably be able to see you coming from a mile away with your new blindingside, but I wont be moving to the side. hahaha

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.