Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the Three Amigos are at it again. Aggro, myself, and Shorty the Madcap will be at Bootleg Canyon for a 600am ride. Feel free to join up for a go at your own pace/try to keep up jaunt thru our beautiful desert landscape,

Shawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Redmon said:
Yes, the Three Amigos are at it again. Aggro, myself, and Shorty the Madcap will be at Bootleg Canyon for a 600am ride. Feel free to join up for a go at your own pace/try to keep up jaunt thru our beautiful desert landscape,

Shawn
I'll be there Tues morning at 445 am. Most likely it will just be me and the rattle snakes.
 

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry G, normally Id meet ya out there but sick as a dog right now. Barely made it thru work. Hopefully feel better tomorrow. We will have to hook up sometime as I like to ride at that time alot in the summer,

Shawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
aggro said:
Are you gonna join us saturday? (my legs arra hurtin today!)
Hey Guys,

I would love you come on Saturday, but I might have to work.

I got to Bootleg this morning at around 445. That was really stupid becuase the sun didn't rise until around 5:30. I rode Girl Scout up to Boy Scout and then rode down Boyscout and hooked up with East Leg- rode that down to my car.

My skills are very poor. I fell climbing Boyscout/Caldera. My pedal hit a large rock and I fell over (still getting used to being clipped in). I am going to raise the bottom bracket on my bike a little bit and hopefully that will help.

I still am trying to master techinical (what I consdider technical) climbs. I guess the only way to learn is to eat it now and then? Does anyone else have to walk some of the sections while climbing or has did anyone used to walk sections that you can now ride?
 

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gungadin said:
Hey Guys,

I would love you come on Saturday, but I might have to work.

I got to Bootleg this morning at around 445. That was really stupid becuase the sun didn't rise until around 5:30. I rode Girl Scout up to Boy Scout and then rode down Boyscout and hooked up with East Leg- rode that down to my car.

My skills are very poor. I fell climbing Boyscout/Caldera. My pedal hit a large rock and I fell over (still getting used to being clipped in). I am going to raise the bottom bracket on my bike a little bit and hopefully that will help.

I still am trying to master techinical (what I consdider technical) climbs. I guess the only way to learn is to eat it now and then? Does anyone else have to walk some of the sections while climbing or has did anyone used to walk sections that you can now ride?
Everyone biffs once in awhile. I can pretty much ride anything at bootleg(xc trails) but thats not to say that I dont screw up now and again:). I still have yet to clean the rocks that lead from the top of girl scout going over to caldera clockwise. Tough and steep.

Shawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Redmon said:
Everyone biffs once in awhile. I can pretty much ride anything at bootleg(xc trails) but thats not to say that I dont screw up now and again:). I still have yet to clean the rocks that lead from the top of girl scout going over to caldera clockwise. Tough and steep.

Shawn
Yeah, what is up with those rocks? I guess I have to keep trying? The thing that sucks about falling in Nevada is that it hurts and it scratches up one's bike.

If you go off the trail in other places, you are in a Daisy field.
 

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rofl, I love the challenge out here. The rocks are sharp but I havent had any serious injuries yet. My last bike had all sorts of scratches and even had a big dent in the down tube from a spectacular endo in Moab. I dont expect to keep my bike scratchless cause Im always tring something I shouldnt,

Shawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Ouch!

HEYA all i cant clear the top of caldera begining either. So what, but you just keep trying and you get a lil better everytime. Gunga, if you don't have to work,come out and join us.It's all good.Today i did girlscout up boyscout(burner). Down skyline(didn,t clear it all) then westleg to mother(had trouble on that first rock drop that goes straight down and up) Man i hate that thing! PS: GUNGADIN i,ve ate it pretty harsh a few times in BC. Still like it there though. Try the lakeveiw loops and mother/imba trails to rage on to get used to the desert riding. LATER all.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top