Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Chilling out
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Santa Fe with a minor family meet the week afore, and have opportunity for two days of big rides on 7/29 and 7/30. Would love to shuttle SBT as every other time I've been in the area it's still had snow aboard.

I'm willing, if apprehensive, of going solo and would welcome company.

I'd also welcome alternative ideas for similar quality experience, in the general vicinity.

If you want to contact me offline, please feel free PM here or to holler at me at [email protected].

Keep the rubber side down gang, I'm praying for some rain for all you good people and your trails' sake.

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
hey bear...

count me and sportschick (and maybe sportsgirl) in....

I think that we're free that weekend...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
bear said:
I'm not the nature to be exclusive, but I doubt this flatlander could survive an out 'n back.

Everything I've read says essentially "to have a stupid good time, shuttle it"

So that's what I want to do. Have stupid fun. Yep.
I am in then...Yahoo!

Sportsman....SSweetleaf......................shuttle? :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
The way i've always done the sbt is from that little community w/the 9-hole golf course (Rancho something?). And even though there is a shuttle, there is still a ton of climbing, like 3-4000' total on the ride. I think if you run the shutle from Black Lake (AF) there is less vertical, but still, it's not just a 25 mile DH.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
lacticacidbath said:
The way i've always done the sbt is from that little community w/the 9-hole golf course (Rancho something?). And even though there is a shuttle, there is still a ton of climbing, like 3-4000' total on the ride. I think if you run the shutle from Black Lake (AF) there is less vertical, but still, it's not just a 25 mile DH.
I have heard of starting out that way...but I don't know where the access is. The only way I have done it is to start from the top of that long FR access off of the main road into Angel Fire. Lots of DH if you go that way--23 mi to be exact.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
OnTheMoment said:
Hey Brian/Bryan, you think I could bum a ride to the area? Do you know if Jeffe is going? I'd love to go.
Sure Chris...as the date closes in I will be in contact or most likely I will stop by the store. I think Jeffe will be somewhere in Mexico, if not it should not be to difficult to convince him.

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
forest closure

Word from the FS is that the Carson will be closed on June 30. Bummer.

Although if we get a lot of monsoonal rain then it could re-open by late July.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
bear said:
Current info from USFS ( http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/carson/conditions/ ) shows that the closure started yesterday (26th), however CURRENTLY many day-use areas and trails are open and I'm going to hope this continues.

( crossing-fingers-and-toes )
I will keep mine crossed as well. We had a hell of a storm last night and we anticipate more in the following week:thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I will keep mine crossed as well. We had a hell of a storm last night and we anticipate more in the following week:thumbsup:
Hey Brian,
The other way to do SBT which is a pretty cool hardcore ride and minimizes the shuttle is to start at top of the paved pass before you drive down into Angle Fire. This is trail #1 . Take that south for about 12-13 miles of up and down to SBT near the top of the climb at the start of that ride.
Now do SBT- kinda downhill to El Nogal. I'd like to join you guys but I think Silverton is calling and you know I usually prefer DH type rides 70% of the time. Have fun. Santa Fe hasn't gotten hit with quite as much rain as ABQ the past few days . Don't know about Angle Fire. Better start early - early

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.