Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I'm from the East coast and lucky enough to get out to the Northwest on a regular basis on business. Whenever I have a chance I'm heading to the mountains for some biking, hiking, skiing, etc. and I'm fascinated by bigfoot. Not sure if I'd really like to see one and I'm pretty skeptical that they're out there. I like to stop in ranger stations and ask them if there's any recent sightings. Typically the reaction I get is a quizzical look, a long pause, and an annoyed, "No." Every now and then I'll find someone that has not seen one, but can give me a 2nd or 3rd hand story of an encounter. Anyone here ever seen one? Know someone who's seen one? Shot one? Thanks.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
You need my husband's shirt.

JMO: your energy is better spent thinking through what you'd do if you met a cranky bear or cougar, because those are both more likely scenarios.

Granted... rare scenarios... but still more likely than this:

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
verslowrdr said:
JMO: your energy is better spent thinking through what you'd do if you met a cranky bear or cougar, because those are both more likely scenarios.

Granted... rare scenarios... but still more likely than this:
I don't know. There's a Sasquatch on the Oregon forum and you may see him on a trail somewhere. He might even get a little hacked if you start messin' him.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Scott O said:
Hey - I'm from the East coast and lucky enough to get out to the Northwest on a regular basis on business. Whenever I have a chance I'm heading to the mountains for some biking, hiking, skiing, etc. and I'm fascinated by bigfoot. Not sure if I'd really like to see one and I'm pretty skeptical that they're out there. I like to stop in ranger stations and ask them if there's any recent sightings. Typically the reaction I get is a quizzical look, a long pause, and an annoyed, "No." Every now and then I'll find someone that has not seen one, but can give me a 2nd or 3rd hand story of an encounter. Anyone here ever seen one? Know someone who's seen one? Shot one? Thanks.
Sasquatch

Heck, most people have not seen cougars, bobcats or pine martins in the wild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.