Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I wouldn't use them for any real biking due to a lack of grip and durability, they look like they would snap with too much pressure or one good wreck. But I would throw them on my spare bike I use to walk my dog for a little pimpness. Good looking pedals. I'm thinking the green ones are going to be sent to my house

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't knock the Sars pedals until you've tried 'em. They can easily take aggressive XC riding with no problems.

I haven't checked, but I believe that the Sars pedals are built using bearings (says so on the packaging) as opposed to the inferior DU bushings found in the Wellgo WR-1 pedals - which might also be a contributing factor towards the weight difference of the two pedals other than the shape of the platform surface.

I originally chose the Sars pedals over the Wellgo pedals simply because of the humourous, tongue-in-cheek usage of the acronym Sars (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) as a brand name. That, and because they were lightweight, and of a similar footprint to the original Time ATAC Carbons that I had been used to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.