Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've posted (or got on a bike for that matter. Too much work BS...). I have a friend that just moved out here and he is bugging me to take him riding . I was thinking Saratoga Gap is a good introduction to someone new to the area. Has anyone ridden there lately? What's the trail conditions like?

I'm assuming that they should be fine since it hasn't rained in a while.... thanks in advanced.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
CrankyMonkey said:
It's been a while since I've posted (or got on a bike for that matter. Too much work BS...). I have a friend that just moved out here and he is bugging me to take him riding . I was thinking Saratoga Gap is a good introduction to someone new to the area. Has anyone ridden there lately? What's the trail conditions like?

I'm assuming that they should be fine since it hasn't rained in a while.... thanks in advanced.
Last I've heard things are fine up there. No reason for it to be closed with all this dry weather.

Not sure if the 'slight chance of rain' coming in for this w/e will spook them into closing the gate though.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
I was there yesterday and even saw JimYoo. Everything is open and in perfect shape.

The sandy parts are packed, the rain ruts are gone, the poison oak is in check, the crowds are absent. There are fairies and unicorns prancing in the fields. ;)

Up to date trail status is here:
http://www.openspace.org/preserves/trail_conditions.asp

fc

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was good to see you Francis on Thursday.
On Tuesday (1/23) I rode White Oak trail area and it was very nice too.
But it seems, from URL you gave, they have closed some trails. It looks there was rain in Bayarea(?); I was out of town for weekend.

/ Jae

francois said:
I was there yesterday and even saw JimYoo. Everything is open and in perfect shape.

The sandy parts are packed, the rain ruts are gone, the poison oak is in check, the crowds are absent. There are fairies and unicorns prancing in the fields. ;)

Up to date trail status is here:
http://www.openspace.org/preserves/trail_conditions.asp

fc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.