Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Cool video bro! :thumbsup:

Why did you miss out on the table-top following that smaller drop? That table-top is sweet, especially after landing either one of those ledge drops on the east side. Here is a short video of my 11 year old son hucking that same drop and hammering that table-top.

That was after he corrected his speed after over shooting the landing on that edge drop and then the table-top a few times. He still over shoots the table-top landing though. I had some video of him hucking the gap drop next to that one, but some how I cannot find it now. I must have deleted it somehow. Oh well, he gets enough gap drops around here locally.

Anyways, cool vids bro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lol, it's awesome how proud you are of your son chili, can't wait until my boy is big enough to do this stuff!!

I'm going to try my luck on these this weekend. I'm still not great at being able to put the bike in the exact position I want on every drop but I'm good enough that I trust I'll land them. Hopefully someone will have a camera or something, I enjoy freaking the wife out. :D

If their as easy as they look, I'll try and throw some style at them. :cool: some whip or scrub action. :thumbsup:

G

·
buryurfear14 said:
Lol, it's awesome how proud you are of your son chili, can't wait until my boy is big enough to do this stuff!!

I'm going to try my luck on these this weekend. I'm still not great at being able to put the bike in the exact position I want on every drop but I'm good enough that I trust I'll land them. Hopefully someone will have a camera or something, I enjoy freaking the wife out. :D

If their as easy as they look, I'll try and throw some style at them. :cool: some whip or scrub action. :thumbsup:
Thanks bro, I am very proud of him and his accomplishments. He is my little ChilliPepper. :D I started him out at 5 on our local trails and then Alafia and Santos afterward. He did Rabbit Ears at Alafia when he was 5 (when they had two ears instead of three now). Are you taking your son to Santos or is he not old enough to ride there? As per the ledge drops at Santos, just watch a few riders drop it and gauge there speed. The one my son was hucking in the video is a bit sketchy but fun, but the one alongside it with the gap is even more fun. The two on the other side (west side) in front of that double are awesome, but take a bit more time to work up to hucking them. On the other two, it is making sure speed is in check.

Anyways, you will have fun bro. I just hope you stay warm enough while you are out there. I would love to take a ride up that way, but I am under the weather right now.

Keep it real, have fun, and ride on. :thumbsup:

G

·
PimpinD said:
Well i updated the footage with some stuff from today...

I got a lil more balls to me, and went for the table top jump after the bridge drop... pretty cool.

http://vholdr.com/videoPlayer/embedPlayer.swf
Very very nice bro! How did you like the table-top? Did you you launch the 10' gap drop next to the 5' ledge drop? That one is soooo much more fun, just have to get your speed dialed in right. :thumbsup:

G

·
buryurfear14 said:
My boy was born in oct of 09 so he's got a little while before he gets on a two wheeler lol,
Oooops, yeah I guess that is a good reason. When that time comes, he will be doing circles around you in mid air jumps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Start him out on a Big Wheel, and he will love you for a long time bro. ;)

G

·
Funrover said:
Looks like a fun area!
It truly is bro! Has over 70 miles of great singletrack with a great FR park as well. For FL, it rocks! :D Glad to see you over here brother! :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.