Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me try this AGAIN.
Looking to gain insight into this bike.
Not trying to sell it, but may get it to someone that will ride it, just want info.
Riding impressions, thoughts on build quality etc. Posted couple days ago however responses locked?
Recall riding it couple of times but LONG time ago and was pretty young as in back when I still knew it ALL.Ha.
If anyone could give me info on this bike it would be appreciated.
Original Orange Moda, 1989?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
The Moda's were built in Claremont, Ca. at the Santana Tandem factory. They used a proprietary, thin wall butted Columbus steel tubing. For a bike made from steel, they were very light for their time. I believe production only lasted for 2 years, 1988 and 89.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Moda's were built in Claremont, Ca. at the Santana Tandem factory. They used a proprietary, thin wall butted Columbus steel tubing. For a bike made from steel, they were very light for their time. I believe production only lasted for 2 years, 1988 and 89.
Thanks for responding Hurricane Jeff.
Hard to find info anywhere on these.
As mentioned in earlier post going to start riding again, primarily to enhance my card for other sport but also to hit some trails here in Sandia Mtns. Was curious if putting a susp fork on it would be good idea or due to thin wall tubing I may crack it. Seems closer to const. of road bikes.
Anyway, thx !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding Hurricane Jeff.
Hard to find info anywhere on these.
As mentioned in earlier post going to start riding again, primarily to enhance my card for other sport but also to hit some trails here in Sandia Mtns. Was curious if putting a susp fork on it would be good idea or due to thin wall tubing I may crack it. Seems closer to const. of road bikes.
Anyway, thx !
May just rebuild that old stumpjumper I have, dont really care as much if I bust it up.
This moda although orange is a beauty and would hate to jack it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts