Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMM and I plan on hitting ST around 8-8:15. I think that I should be able to find my way around the park from Bernal. Now, if an early local rider wants to lead (slowly) the ride, that'd be even better.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jorgemonkey said:
I'd make sure to check that the good singletrack is open.

Ya never know with these Rangers now a days :)
I followed Foggy's instructions: call 408 355 2200, then dial 7 then dial 4. Trails are OPEN.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Aaaarrrrggggg!

There are so many good rides this weekend and I freakin' sick! Haven't rode since last weekend. This flu bug is real nasty. I could ride, but I'd pay for it double next week. So y'all have fun and I'll just live vicariously through eveyone.:cryin:
Doug

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Another Early Ride?!?!?!?

Well I guess since Francis is being so generous in lending me a bike while I am without, I guess I could come down and lead a ride (real slowly!!) :rolleyes: Should be a lot warmer this time. :thumbsup:

Travis

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trails were damn near perfect. Temps were ideal, and the group was made of good people. Perfect way to start the day.

And trying to follow Tsimbu on his rocking niner and Jefe down Rocky Ridge was fun.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Fun Indeed. It was my first time out on that trail. Very nice combination of conditions-- single track, fireroad, tech. I will definately do it again sometime.

We had a nice group of riders and generally a mellow pace.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Here's a map

cchough said:
Is the single track that you mention the trail that hits Bernal near the stop sign?
Santa Teresa Map

Looking at the map follow Bernal as it enters the park and at the sharp bend (roughly in the center of the map) there is a symbol of a P with a line through it. The grey trail that connects to the short green section that tees into Ohlone trail is where we started. Look for future post of rides out there and we'll give you a guided tour. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
That sounds like a plan - though I'll have to take a raincheck until I've gotten myself into riding shape. I hate holding people up. I've ridden Stile Ranch and Rocky Ridge a few times but the only time I dropped down toward the golf course, I ended up on Boundary which was very steep and not much fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.