Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To celebrate the re-opening of Santa Teresa we will be riding on Saturday morning 9:30am. Plan is to meet at the corner of Bernal Rd and Heaton Moor Dr. Head up to the parking lot, make the dicision to climb the fire road or Rocky Ridge, (as much as it will punish me I say Rocky...it's why we're here right?), then down Rocky Ridge and over to Stiles and down the back side then back to the parking lot and out.

Route should be around 13 miles and 1500~2000ft -ish.

(Here's where I jinx the whole thing) Let's hope this weather holds!!! :rolleyes:

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
I rode today and planted some flowers & released some rare butterflies in honor of the re-opening --and-- to shake the weekly Monday blues.

Thanks again to Mrs. Julie Lee.

Curious, tsimbu, what is the route from the bottom of Stiles back to Heaton Moor?

~ Rex

·
Registered
171 Posts
Santa Teresa 1/27, 9am

Sounds good and will join. But I live on the almaden side of the hill, so will ride up from here and meet you guys either at bernal and heaton moor or when your on your way up. Are you taking the road up into the parking lot or will you branch off on a trail on the way up? Just don't want to miss you.:skep:

This will be a good warm up ride. I intend to head over to Almaden Quicksilver for another 20 miles (at least) or so after. anyone that wants can join

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Velodromed said:
Are you taking the road up into the parking lot or will you branch off on a trail on the way up?
Taking Ohlone up past the ranch and regroup, (read wait for me to catch up with the rest of the group), in the parking lot. You can probably take Fortini to Mine and meet us in the parking lot at about 10:00 ~ 10:15.

See you there.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
tsimbu said:
To celebrate the re-opening of Santa Teresa we will be riding on Saturday morning 9:30am. Plan is to meet at the corner of Bernal Rd and Heaton Moor Dr. Head up to the parking lot, make the dicision to climb the fire road or Rocky Ridge, (as much as it will punish me I say Rocky...it's why we're here right?), then down Rocky Ridge and over to Stiles and down the back side then back to the parking lot and out.

Route should be around 13 miles and 1500~2000ft -ish.

(Here's where I jinx the whole thing) Let's hope this weather holds!!! :rolleyes:
I won't make this one. I think that I'll do the BTCEB Dimond Canyon/JMP ride on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
171 Posts
see ya

tsimbu said:
Taking Ohlone up past the ranch and regroup, (read wait for me to catch up with the rest of the group), in the parking lot. You can probably take Fortini to Mine and meet us in the parking lot at about 10:00 ~ 10:15. See you there.
Okey dokey- is this rain or shine? 'cause it kinda sux there if more then 1/2 rain hits within a day.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Friday or Early AM Rain Cancels

Velodromed said:
is this rain or shine?
I guess in the spirit of this ride rain should cancel. I'm hoping that it holds off till later in the day Saturday. If it starts raining after we start, I say go for it, barring any torrential downpours.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
30% Chance of precip.

Weather.com calls for 30% chance of precipitation starting around noon today until noon tomorrow. I'll call the hotline early tomorrow and post the status by 8am.
:madmax: :madmax: :madmax: :madmax: I'm not really mad, just trying to make enough heat to burn this stuff off.

Travis

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
I pre-rode the course at 4pm. Mother Nature was spitting on the way in, and it was more than spit on the way out. No tire indentations in the dirt, though. Maybe the rain has ended for the night. Except for the wildlife, that place was emmmmpty. 1x26-pound bobcat, 1xFull Meal Jackrabbit, 12xblack boar, assorted deer and a falcon kept me company on dust-free trails.

~ Rex

·
Registered
171 Posts
sssswweeeeeettttt

Rex_Skidmore said:
I Except for the wildlife, that place was emmmmpty. 1x26-pound bobcat, 1xFull Meal Jackrabbit,
~ Rex
sweet... i think it'll be fine tomorrow. Not much more rain out this way so far (I live right by stiles) See you guys out there. empty park is a good park..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Too Bad!!

This sucks that I won't be able to make this ride. I was planning on it, but I GOTTA drive to San Diego at 5am. :madman: :madmax: I'll be thinking of how sweeeet the trails will be when I'm sitting on my butt. I just wish it was sitting on a mtn bike seat thats all. Have fun ya'll:thumbsup:

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
rockcrawler53 said:
This sucks that I won't be able to make this ride. I was planning on it, but I GOTTA drive to San Diego at 5am. :madman: :madmax: I'll be thinking of how sweeeet the trails will be when I'm sitting on my butt. I just wish it was sitting on a mtn bike seat thats all. Have fun ya'll:thumbsup:
Sounds like fun. I'll see ya on the way out, since I'm leaving at 5am to head to Sacramento for the day :eek:

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stupid boss!!!

Well it's three in the morning and I have been laying hear listening to it rain and it looks like this break in the drizzle won't last long. Supposed to start back up at 6:00. To top it all off it feels like I caught the bug my stupid boss had. I think I'll have to sit this one out. I called the hotline at about midnight and it said that all trails were still open but I don't know if they will be in the morning. I'm gonna just try to push fluids and rest tomorrow and try to make it to Saratoga Gap or Demo on Sunday.

C-YA

Travis

·
Registered
171 Posts
it's freakin' pouring

It's 7:45am and raining hard. So Santa Teresa and Qucksilver are out, I'm sure. I mean it is pouring! :cryin:

Soooo.... am looking towards Los Gatos early afternoon. 'Round 1pm. Maybe Kennedy.
Doug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.