Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to ride ST at 8:30 this Saturday starting from the stop sign at the Bernal Rd / Heaton Moor Dr intersection. We plan on seeing how many hikers / equestrians we can take out. Scoring will be as follows; Kids under 6 only count for 2 points, adults 5 points, joggers 10 points, and Sierra Club members in Birkenstock 50 points!! :nono: :eek: :D

Who's in?! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,692 Posts
We will also kick some dogs, frighten the horses, poach single track and trample wildflowers. Basically, it should be a hoot.

In between, there'll be some bike riding. :)

·
Paper or plastic?
10,692 Posts
Well, it was a fun ride this morning, eventhough it was dang cold when we first started climbing. Word to the local users, Rocky Ridge and Stiles are officially closed, although we heard that they were in great riding shape.

That was really fun to be back on the bike.

For the record, no hikers were harmed during the making of that ride.

·
Registered
189 Posts
zorg said:
Word to the local users, Rocky Ridge and Stiles are officially closed, although we heard that they were in great riding shape.
Ya what's up with those trails closing? I went out to ST last sunday and they were still open, but today I climbed the fireroad and they put up brand new signs telling the trails are closed. :madman: They must have done that this week sometime. I'm not quite sure why they did that when we haven't had any rain and no damage to the trails are happening. I can see why they are there if a huge storm comes in, but that hasn't happened at all this year YET! I was sooo bumbed out and I had to go down the way I came up. Well no more riding ST until the spring comes. :madmax: Do I hear a demo ride soon!!

Sorry I missed your group ride, but I didn't want to wake up that early. Plus, I'm getting my legs back in shape from not riding as much as I used too. Happy riding! :)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Very good ride today. Although both tsimbu and the other guy (dont know his handle...) kicked my butt along with Zorg up AND down the trails today, it was an awesome ride. It being the first time I've ridden there, it was a blast.

·
MTB Monkey
339 Posts
Yup, good (but cold) ride guys. Got the feeling back in my toes after about half an hour later.

Sucked to see the closure signs up on Stiles and RR. Both trails are in great shape. I'm guessing that they went ahead and closed them to give people a chance to get used to the idea, but enforcement might not start until after a rain. Hope so.:rolleyes:

- Jeff

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
rockcrawler53 said:
I went out to ST last sunday and they were still open, but today I climbed the fireroad and they put up brand new signs telling the trails are closed. I can see why they are there if a huge storm comes in, but that hasn't happened at all this year YET!
That's just lame. Just sent some emails to Park Officials for some feedback that will be posted here when it arrives.

·
MTB Monkey
339 Posts
it hurts said:
maybe it was larry telling everyone to go S.T. and ride?
Yup. I think we can all blame Larry. Maybe it was him running over all those hikers...

The rangers posted notices a while ago that RR, Stiles, and Boundry would be closed for the season after the first significant rain to protect them from damage. They put up the signs (which are permanant, but can be locked open or closed), but went ahead and closed the trails before that significant rain. Buh.

Geez, Larry hits one hiker...

well she was blind

and in a wheelchair

on her way to her 103rd birthday party

and was carrying a box of baby pandas

and the pandas were dressed in cute little pirate outfits.

Man, I bet he feels bad about that.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,692 Posts
it hurts said:
wow that's to bad,I hope everybody's ok
I think that what really set off the rangers is when Larry started running over the baby pandas with his bike. That's just wrong.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
They deserved it!

Jefe74 said:
Yup. I think we can all blame Larry. Maybe it was him running over all those hikers...

The rangers posted notices a while ago that RR, Stiles, and Boundry would be closed for the season after the first significant rain to protect them from damage. They put up the signs (which are permanant, but can be locked open or closed), but went ahead and closed the trails before that significant rain. Buh.

Geez, Larry hits one hiker...

well she was blind

and in a wheelchair

on her way to her 103rd birthday party

and was carrying a box of baby pandas

and the pandas were dressed in cute little pirate outfits.

Man, I bet he feels bad about that.
How could I possibly feel bad about that! I rang my bell and gave them several seconds to get out of my way. People and animals like that should never be on the trail. They got what they deserved if you ask me! :madmax:

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Here's the Official Word

Those signs were ordered by the Officials around the time of the last rain the area received ( mid-DEC ) and they arrived late and were scheduled to be installed ASAP.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.