Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday morning @ 9:00AM — at the intersection of Harry Road and Camden in San Jose — Santa Teresa’s Dirt Mass meets again. While others are indoors at church, we’ll be outside worshipping the dirt.

I’ll probably be bringing my 32x22 singlespeed again (such a fun bike for Santa Teresa’s trails), you are all welcome to bring what ever sort of mountain bike configuration you are most comfortable with, whether it be geared or singlespeed, fully rigid or fully suspended.

Who will we be riding with? Who will show up? Would be nice to have a decent sized group again. See you out there! :thumbsup:

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man, i need to fix my rear wheel.. i don't think stiles or rocky ridge would be too much fun on a road bike. kennedy on the other hand...
Probably not the ideal setup for Stile Ranch, no. Wish I'd known in advance, could let you borrow one of my skinny rear wheels (I actually have a couple skinny ones, they have seen very little use as one would expect).

Yes, as I am finishing off my beer right now at just a few minutes past midnight, I am looking forward to meeting up tomorrow morning with you all.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was a small turnout today, the same folks who showed up last week: Marco, Tosa, Hong, and me. Was a great ride though, Marco and I encouraged Tosa and Hong to ride up the Boundary Climb, and they did it without looking to be in too much pain!

I managed to go up the staircase section of Rocky Ridge un-dabbable on my 32x22 fully-rigid singlespeed setup, this is the first time on ANY of my bikes I've been able to do it!

At the end, Marco and I decided to get some roadie footies in:

Not sure when the next Santa Teresa group ride will happen, as the forecast is for a few days worth of rain… which inevitably means the dreaded sounds of the words "trail" and "closure" uttered in the same breath. :( Perhaps during the wet months the rides can happen somewhere else, such as Kennedy/Sierra Azul.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey LP, thanks for putting the ride together again. Well, yeah, walking up the steep climb isn't as painful as riding it! I'm sure that we'll have more opps to ride STCP, so looking forward to more ride invites from you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks.

Yes I was thinking of Stiles Ranch and wonder how you guys ride up that fully without getting off the bike at least once.

I will have to figure out how to get to the trail head for the boundary climb and attempt self-torture.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any ride this sunday?? I'm new to the forum but i'd love to check out the group ride.
If the trails have ample time to dry out, the it is a possibility. STCP is notorious for having really thick mucky clay mud that sticks to everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.