does anybdy run the hutchinson toro 2.15 xc marathon
i was going to pick up a set of kenda smallblock
but the shop guy said he had too many flats with his
so i think i will try the toro
what do you run in the winter?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just bought a pair of these, standard, not tubeless. By "just bought," I mean on my way out from work this evening. First of all, they went on SO EASILY! I've had Contis, Michelins, and Panracers, and they were all a bit of a pain to get to seat. Side 1 took a LITTLE bit of a pull to get on, and side 2 was actually EASIER to push on. I put about 40 PSI in, and the tires seated themselves. I haven't taken them into the dirt yet, but they roll MUCH faster than the Fire XCs I had on over the pavement. The hardskin sure FEELS tough, but only time will tell. If my schedule permits, I think I'll be running them through some wet dirt on Tuesday.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the 1.8 size (I only weigh about 130 but I do ride hard so a bigger size would be best), mine are UST though. I havent gotten a chance to ride them in the snow (I'm too much of a wimp and it's butt cold out there) but I raced them and have riden them a lot and they truely are great tires for most conditons. Great in sand, rocks... you name it. I did have a lot of problems with the small size though, mostly my fault for running such a small size though...
I say go with the Toro.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Alright, I was able to spend a half-hour in the dirt today, between rain showers. They were nice and grippy, but didn't cake up with mud. They rolled quickly and accelerated well. The knobs are a bit smaller than the Fire XCs I'm used to, but they seemed to corner fairly well. I'll withhold m final verdict until I've done a few more hours on them, but so far these seem to be pretty great tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.