Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rohloff rich
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aka the SFSFSTSTS is starting Tuesday (tomorrow!) and will continue for the next three weeks up until the Tuesday before La Tierra Torture. If you've never done a short track race before, this is a great opportunity to get some experience before the big event.

Show up at the church at 6:15pm, the ride will officially commence around 6:30.

The flyer for the series can be found here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df89tch6_13s7jjkztb

·
rohloff rich
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know you were at the innaugural SFSFSTSTS if you...

1) You had saliva and snot running down your face;
2) Your heart rate was pegged for 30 minutes, and;
3) You've since developed a case of "short track hack."

·
Registered
688 Posts
rs3o said:
1) You had saliva and snot running down your face;
2) Your heart rate was pegged for 30 minutes, and;
3) You've since developed a case of "short track hack."

Guilty!

And, I might add:

4) If you thought you'd done 4 laps until you looked at your Garmin on the way home and realized that you'd actually done 5. :confused:
I was wondering why everyone else had managed 5 or 6, and the math wasn't working out. Oh well, see #2 above.

It's fun when you start to get a 1.3mi. loop dialed in after a few laps, but it'd be nice if more people showed up next time so that it's more of a group ride and less of a time trial. :thumbsup:

I highly recommend a lap of the XC course for a warmup for people who are having trouble justifying the drive. I had no trouble navigating the upper loop, but it'd be really great if I could coerce Rich into riding the lower XC loop with me next week so I'm not out there wandering around that section again. (hint, hint)

·
rohloff rich
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garson said:
I highly recommend a lap of the XC course for a warmup for people who are having trouble justifying the drive. I had no trouble navigating the upper loop, but it'd be really great if I could coerce Rich into riding the lower XC loop with me next week so I'm not out there wandering around that section again. (hint, hint)
Not likely. I work until six on Tuesdays so it's pretty close to impossible for me to get out any earlier than 6:20.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Attendance was reportedly up 40% this evening. Nice to have some company on the course. I guess that's how I managed another .7 mph average. Man, that's good fun.

Trusting another 50 or so riders to keep their heads screwed on while simultaneously trying to see how fast they can ride singletrack for 30 min might be a different story. :rolleyes:

I even managed a couple of laps of the lower loop of the XC country course beforehand. After comparing the gps data with last year's, I can see that I tacked on a little extra yardage, but I think I've got it figured out now - except the part about how the heck we got through that fence so that we didn't have to go back to Pumphouse Rd to get off the road that heads due north. :confused:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Since I may not be the only one that doesn't have the legs for this this evening, is anyone interested is doing this maybe, thurs/fri/weekend? It'd be kinda tuff to mash the short track alone, but I'll at least be on the XC course later this week. Would really like to see a group effort on the short track, though.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
k_park said:
Hi guys, I am headed to Santa Fe for the month of May for training and am looking for any weekly short track races or short hammer rides. Just a little dose of non-interval (fun) high intensity to mix in. Will probably be done on a singlespeed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Krista

Aside from the STXC race thats noted here as part of the La Tierra Torture - the TNC - Tuesday Night Crit - series in ABQ should be running now, or starting very soon. Not dirt - but fun and fast!

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
k_park said:
Hi guys, I am headed to Santa Fe for the month of May for training and am looking for any weekly short track races or short hammer rides. Just a little dose of non-interval (fun) high intensity to mix in. Will probably be done on a singlespeed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Krista
ms.Parks,you can join me and any merry group of riders if you don't mind someone riding behind you.If you dare ,have Issac give you my data or just pm me ,.,it's ok to bring your boyfriend,too. I'm presently in serious training for the singlespeed worlds,VERY serious..No fun, No smiles, No laughing, eyes straight ahead ,Back straight, riding with beer in both hands

1 - 10 of 10 Posts