Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll fellow Santa Feans, I know it was not my mountain bike, but she was my svelt, sleek, sexy baby that went REAL fast.

Just putting the word out that Friday, Jan. 26th, my nice, very much loved and like-new Scott CR1 was stolen from my house (from the porch).

Thief jumped over wall (gates locked), cut the beefy Specialized "rapper" lock, and took the bike.

Thankfully they left my Yeti Mountainbike, which was locked up with the Road Bike!

Description:
Black Carbon CR1 56cm F+F, mix of Ultegra and Dura-Ace, all mostly new/like new; Ritchey WCS Stem and Seatpost, Specialized Toupe Ti Saddle (distinctively wrapped in black electrical tape on the tip), and Shimano 6600 Wheelset with (1) grey Specialized Mondo tire on the rear, and an all-black Conti "3000" or something on the front. Funny - it had some OLD Shimano SPD's on for winter riding, so they must have had a fun time trying to ride it, if they bothered.

Attached to bars was my Light and Motion ARC Ultra set-up, and my Polar HR Monitor... so it was a clean sweep indeed.

The icing on the cake was that Friday was also my birthday!

Any sign of the bike or suspect parts, please holler! I know nothing on it was all that distinctive in pieces, but it'd be easy to peg as a whole.

Looks like this:

Thanks much,

glen

PM for cell if anything looks close :)

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Big time bummer.
That should be easy to spot.
Look around your neighborhood,probably stolen by someone who is familiar with your barrio.
The one time I had a bike stolen ,my friend found it over on E.Alameda in the projects nextto the old Market Place.{long story short} We had to fight for it back 2{us}against 5 {them}teenage boys.I left with my bike after a quick Bruce Lee impersonation.The police were of no help.
Hope you find it in good condition.
And... why didn't you keep your ride inside the house and locked?

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Not the smartest crayon in the box.....

He left a perfectly good mountain bike for a road bike... only a thief would do that.:crazy:

Just kidding Glenn. I hope someone catches the bastard and strings him up by his testes. If I caught a bike thief I would hold him like a POW and invite all of my fellow MTBR'ers over for a torture fest. I have had multiple bikes stolen so I can sympathize. I hope you had some HO insurance. Good Luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a fellow tribe member I will be looking out around town! :mad:

Did you call Bike and Sport, Rob ya and Charge Ya, Mountain Sport and Melo Velo Downtown?

:cryin: If I see ANY Scott roadie I will track them down!

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ya'll.... no sitings yet - but everyone knows.

Talked with the insurance adjuster, and should get the paperwork done by tomorrow - and yes indeed, should have the S/N today... then file the forms, and wait for the check.

Though shopping for new stuff is fun and all, it feels really slimy somehow, knowing that my insurance company and I are floating some dirtbag, and that they took an expensive item that not only cost an arm and a leg - but means nadda to them.

:mad:

If it would just warm up some, it'd help!

-glen

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crd said:
Glen,
That sucks so bad, I can't even imagine. Esp now is the time to ride the road bike (in between snows).

Just think, it is only a materialistic item, and they are replaceable!

Carrie
Very true Carrie! Bleh. Stupid insurance is taking forever!

The steel shop loaner roadie is keeping me out on the roads though, which is cool - even if it weighs MORE than my mountain bike! I did put a deposit down on the new ride.... so perhaps next weeks I'll get 'the check' and the bike. And the PowerTap, and the shoes, and lights, and, and and....

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.