Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a heckler and i was wondering what is the best setup for an all mountain ride? coil or air?

also should i go for a stronger wheel than say crossmax disc???

just bought the bike but want to set it up differently currently it has a lame sid air shock and fox float 100. and wtb speed disc lite wheels.

.......enjoy the ride

rj

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think you can go coil or air. The only all mountain bike I've spent appreciable time on is the enduro, and it has all air suspension, and I really like the way it rides. It's probably just a matter or personal preference. People say that coils are more supple over the small stuff but are heavier than air as a downside. I'd say as long as you get a good shock and fork, you'll be ok whether it is coil or air. If weight is a big deal to you, then go air...if you wanna huck some, perhaps consider coils since they probably stand up better to big hits.

As far as wheels, I would say take a look at the crossmax XLs. I have a pair and they are light and tough as nails...really like them. You can def find a cheaper wheelset if you want to, but the crossmax are great for the bling factor... :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts