Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to build a new bike for All Mountain. I have a question as below:

Q1. Could you all give me some hints which frame would be the right choice?
1) Santa Cruz
- Blur LT
- Heckler

2) Intense Cycles
- Spider XVP
- 5.5 EVP

Thanks for your advice.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
soona said:
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to build a new bike for All Mountain. I have a question as below:

Q1. Could you all give me some hints which frame would be the right choice?
1) Santa Cruz
- Blur LT
- Heckler

2) Intense Cycles
- Spider XVP
- 5.5 EVP

Thanks for your advice.
Santa Cruz Blur LT and Heckler have slacker center frame geometry than the 5.5 EVP, more rugged All Mountain than the quicker 5.5 EVP XC climber handling. Not to say the 5.5 can't be ridden in more rugged terrain, but it's quicker handling geometry is more endo prone, but a bit easier to climb while seated. Some put a longer fork on the 5.5 to slow the handling a little and gain more pedal clearance than the Blur LT with similar handling. The LT looks like it is gusseted to take bigger hits than the EVP.

The 6.6 should be compared with the Nomad and Heckler for very big hit rugged trail durability. The 6.6 feels quicker handling than the Heckler, much like the handling of the Blur LT should be (by the geometry numbers anyway since I haven't ridden the LT version). The Nomad has slacker geometry (I haven't ridden this one either) than either the 6.6 or Blur LT and is in my opinion looks to be the best of the bunch for a big hit climbable bike, and it climbs and does everything as good or better than the Heckler with another 1.5 inches of travel plushness. The 6.6 feels more XC quick in handling, but with more plushness, and a little less forgiving than the Nomad, but quicker responding with as much travel and plushness for landing launches.

The Spider is a light full race oriented XC bike, that makes a great singletrack bike too. Not for jumping and too low in ring and pedal clearance for more rugged chop and step rock riding.

:cool:

- ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.