Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
just bought a mint mk2 super 8.
i hear the rear shock needs a boxxer mount to run a hope disc- no6 caliper.
will it run other disc brakes without a specific mount - i.e. hayes/magura/shimano etc?
where can i buy a floating rotor for it, and how much would it cost?
and how large is the largest rear shock u can put on it- standard 200mm or does it stretch bigger?
Cheers!
charlie

·
Registered
128 Posts
well i'm sorry to hear that.

you'll go thru shocks often, even more so if you plan on going to a longer stroke. you increase the stroke, you increase the travel, but you'll most likely bottom out on the frame before you use up all the travel

brake therapy makes floater setups for that.

please learn some better english

call Avalanche suspension and have craig make you a correct rear shock to fit and not blow up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please explain whats wrong with my english?
i can't see how its inferior to yours.
no need to be rude now is there?
I know 3 people who have had super 8's, all loved them, no problems. this one is off a mate, the shock has never gone wrong, i was just wondering about some technical questions. go and read the reviews for this frame on this site, and see what most people say, they aren't as negative as you.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
He's probably referring to the way you write/explain your issues.

"i hear the rear shock needs a boxxer mount to run a hope disc- no6 caliper."

How does a rear shock dictate what brake or adapter you need?

"will it run other disc brakes without a specific mount - i.e. hayes/magura/shimano etc?"

"where can i buy a floating rotor for it, and how much would it cost?"
A floating disc brake rotor? Or a floating disc brake? Online? What size rotor ? etc. Rotor's are dependant on the brakes/caliper's/adapters you have as to if they'll work.

"and how large is the largest rear shock u can put on it- standard 200mm or does it stretch bigger?"

Strech bigger? Put the intended shock on there and don't try to jerry-rig something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
meant rear disc mount on the frame, apologies, was just fishing for ideas as to how to set up the rear disc and was wondering if anyone knew much, or has owned one?
The 'intended shock' - the fox rc- was replaced by quite a few people for an avy or 5th, i was wondering whether it was replaced with a larger (230mm ish i2i) size shock rather than the 200mm it comes with, hence asking 'does it stretch' (ie space between shock mounts an therefore i2i for a shock). Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.