Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long time SC fan but man o man that Shred Heads flash-based thing on the SC site is trash. It looks and feels exactly like the "Crap on my Desk" section of the Race Face site. I would have thought SC could have been a little more original...

Rant over

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,449 Posts
ChrisFFTA said:
I am a long time SC fan but man o man that Shred Heads flash-based thing on the SC site is trash. It looks and feels exactly like the "Crap on my Desk" section of the Race Face site. I would have thought SC could have been a little more original...

Rant over
Yeah, that's pretty weak.

·
Australien
285 Posts
It's not that bad! Lighten up. You guys are starting to sound like the folks over on the Turner board ;)

South Park is utterly brilliant and hillarious.

m.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
drumbum said:
I just don't exactly understand what it is...to me it seems as if it takes away from the SC image.
Which is what? What is the SC image? They are a bike company and a pretty cool one at that. Founded by a former pro skateboarder and sponsoring some of the most talented DH, Freeride, and Endurance athletes in the world. I just don't get how you guys think they are somehow tarnishing their image with a Flash cartoon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
MRC said:

m.
So true. I don't lend credence to the opinion of anyone who is so close minded as to not enjoy South Park. It is truly brilliant as you said. However to compare that silly flash animation on the SC website to South Park, now that is just unacceptable. South Park has a meaning and a moral whereas the SC animation is just silly fun. Nothing wrong with silly fun but it's in a totally different league.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,449 Posts
MRC said:

m.
I agree.

But shred heads is just stupid. It's not something I will get worked up about, and it does not change how I feel about SC, I just wish I could get those 5 minutes back that I waisted checking it out. Am I supposed to know who those 5 people are?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The content is one thing but the fact it is a rip off of RaceFace Flash stuff makes it worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts