Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's like comparing apples to oranges. Not only is the Santa Cruz cheaper than a 575, it also has less travel(100mm).The Superlight is more of an XC RACE bike, while the 575 is a TRAIL bike.If you really want to compare, it would have to be a Blur LT (140mm of rear travel) versus a 575(150mm). Or if you are talking single pivots, and similar price points, then the new Santa Cruz Butcher, with 150mm of rear travel, would be a better choice.l. Maybe the better comparison would be between the Superlight and the ASR(100mm). I own a Blur LT, and I think the Yeti is a fine bike, so you can't really go wrong with either, as long as you make the decision of what you really want: A short-travel XC bike? or a do it all TRAIL bike?

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
Yeah- the Butcher would be the Santa Cruz equivelent of the 575. There's really not a bad choice between the two- just two good choices. I'd see what you could get the best deal on. Or, if you have the scratch, get the Blur LT.

One thing I don't like about the 575 though is it uses chainstay flex in place of one of the pivots. Technically OK if you only need a few degrees of flex...but it always seemed kinda weird to me. APP uses actual pivots. Eliminating that pivot does make the 575 slightly lighter though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.