Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
mosplat said:
i think your vp-free specced with coil dhx and fox 36
will be sweeter than the nomad.
even if it is about 6-8 lbs heavier for the same build kit. ;)

lots of types of riding where the VP-Free is overkill - those places are where the Nomad will kick booty.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep

Both my bike and the Nomad will be sweet. But since I was already riding my 43 lb Dare everywhere, a 35 lb VP-Free will be awesome. For really XC stuff I've got my Jericho SS. Plus, come summer, the VP-Free will be easily converted to a full Whistler/Northstar bike. Wouldn't be able to do that with the Nomad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice....and a warning

SC lineup is looking sweet....Any indication when that will be in production. PJ??

BTW - To all of ya's parking on 9 when riding Pogo/UCSC/Wilder....One of my buddies car was vandalized in the big lot (The red van parked next to you guys' shuttle rig PJ) They ended up taking his and another friends toolboxes, and one niterider setup...otherwise they didn't get much. Leave nothing of value in your cars when parking there, this is the third or fourth round of this I've heard of since last summer...Bastiges.... :mad:

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shuttle Rig?

Shuttle rig? We were pedaling, sucker! Two loops on freeride bikes! Anyway, did this happen on Friday? That was the last time I was out there. I've been hearing about car burglaries, there. Scary. Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ya'...

OIC......my bad - didn't mean to rob you of your "earned turns" :p . Yah it was Friday....that was me and my kids that pulled up about when you were leaving. Couldn't have been more than 20mins between when I started up Ucon and my buddy came back down to his car, as he and I crossed paths on Ucon just above where the single track starts.

It was weird, too....this one dude came outta the bushes by the RR tracks and walks straight up to my oldest son and starts asking him about his rig "how much this cost, how much for that fork, how'd you afford that...etc etc etc" One of those guys that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? My son looks over at me and shoots a look of "...you wanna help me out here??? " Wouldn't be surprised if it was that dude - he definately made my spider sense tingle.....

Still haven't broken my ID...although I'm trying real hard :D.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Remember

I remember you guys. You shoulda said more. I meet so many people I have a hard time remembering everyone. We talked once on Mailbox last year when I was on my SS, right?

What did the guy who was talking to your sons look like? I've definitely seen some shady characters up there recently. Once there were two very scary looking tweakers in a beater car when we got back. They looked like they'd just finished burying someone in the woods. And Friday, just before you guys showed up, there was what looked like a tweaker family in a beater Acura with skate stickers all over it. Kinda scary up in those mountains...

·
Registered
312 Posts
ya that was us on MB's....right before they tore down the big NS ladder, in fact come to think of it, the weekend before. R.I.P.

This guy was about 5'8"-5'10" slight build, fair skinned, unshaven, dark hair, and dressed in rags...weirdo

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trolls

wXman said:
ya that was us on MB's....right before they tore down the big NS ladder, in fact come to think of it, the weekend before. R.I.P.

This guy was about 5'8"-5'10" slight build, fair skinned, unshaven, dark hair, and dressed in rags...weirdo
Yeah, there's all kinds of trolls living in those hills. The bums don't worry me, though. It's those scary meth-heads that make me nervous.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The nomad looks a lot better 'in action' than it did when we originally saw it on here a week or so ago. Good stuff, me likey...

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mini-V

Shibby said:
The nomad looks a lot better 'in action' than it did when we originally saw it on here a week or so ago. Good stuff, me likey...
I think it looks like a tiny-but-mighty V10.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Action?

East Coast Bender said:
It looks SO much better in action as people have already said
I don't think I'd call what's happening in that photo, "action." Unless you really like Rob's belly...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts